Kampa Easy Lock Tiles

Hi

Has anyone had experience of using Kampa Easy Lock tiles as flooring in their awning like the ones in the link below?

http://www. towsure. com/product/Easylock_Flexible_Flooring_Tiles?gclid=CM22odmokrwCFZShtAodXDEANA

Good / bad experiences would be welcomed if you could share your thoughts. Our awning is going to go on grass and we'd like to see how they fare.

Thanks

Jon

Nissan X-Trail, Swift Challenger 540 (2010)

I've seen them on display but never contemplated buying any. Apart from the physical bulk the cost of covering a 4metre by 2 metre area, including edge strips would be £485. 80. (Without edge strips a miserly £318. 40!) :o

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg. 

I bought some new from a fellow caravanner after seeing them in his Kampa awning. .....I only needed 4 for a soft area on top of carpet for shoe changing etc. ..worked fine for me and well made. ...They were about £19 originally so much cheaper now.

But as previous poster says. ..bit pricey for a full awning.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I have them, but bought a cheap chinese copy of amazon for half the price.

They are extremly good. I have enough for the whole of my large porch awning.

They are easy enough to lock together and keep the carpet off the ground. I also use a groundsheet underneath when on hardstanding. The result is a really supportive but cushioned floor. It helps smooth out bumps too.

They arent cheap but they are hard wearing enough for me to recommend them.

I've seen them on display but never contemplated buying any. Apart from the physical bulk the cost of covering a 4metre by 2 metre area, including edge strips would be £485. 80. (Without edge strips a miserly £318. 40!) :o

They are in packs of 4 for £9. 95.

Each pack covers 1sqm, so my maths says my awning is 7m long X 2. 5m deep so 1 would need 17 packs

17 x £9. 95 = £169. 15 (plus edging strips)

I've used these tiles for several years.
Pros:
1, you only need to put down enough to cover requirements, sometimes one strip, sometimes the complete awning.
2, they are easy to clean & dry (leave out in the rain or wash under a tap…or just leave the mud ‘till it falls off LOL) especially compared to a breathable groundsheet,
3, they are almost indestructible,
4, they can be used to lay a pathway,
5, they allow the grass to breath &, if required, are easy to lift (in sections) during the day,
6, they are inherently easier to handle,
7, their thickness helps to lift you off any messy or wet surface & keeps your feet warmer!
Cons:
1, Interlocking & safe use are seriously impaired by lumpy ground or long grass,
2, take longer to lay than a conventional groundsheet,
3, they may prove less than useful in very muddy conditions as they 'pump' mud & water through (similar to a breathable groundsheet), the only 'cure' being to lay a PVC sheet on top.
4, they take up a lot of room
5, can not be used to 'keep out the draft' as a standard groundsheet can.

The pros outweigh the cons. ...but only just LOL.

3L auto Nissan Terrano, 2004 & Swift Elegance 530, 2018. As Leonardo da Vinci once said: 'If you find from your own experience that something is a fact & it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority & base your reasoning on your own findings' ie: use your common sense!

Our friends have several packs of these for sale on ebay.

They have never been used.

Dave formerly DaveBelcanto

Each pack covers 1sqm, so my maths says my awning is 7m long X 2. 5m deep so 1 would need 17 packs

I've seen them at £10 a pack and have worked out that if I wanted to cover all my awning I'd need 12 packs. I've also got a 10% card from the same shop as we bought our caravan from them.

And the edging strips, which i'd only use at the doors were £5 which contain 8 strips.

I also looked at the Isabella tiles but at £8. 77 for 1 tile (50cm x 50cm) worked out way too much (although they'd match my Isabella awning and Bolon carpet very well).

Think i'll take the chance with these tiles for this season. You live and learn, as they say!

Thanks for all your tips.

Jon

Go for it - they are very good. I have enough for our Magnum Awning and enough left over to do enough of our Kampa Winter Porch. They give it the finishing touch!

Sam :beardy:

Assume these go on top of the carpet?

I've just bought the outdoor revolution versa tiles that are 60cm x 60cm for a tenner a pack, and they also include the edging. You can also get a bag for 4 packs. This is my investment for 2014!

Assume these go on top of the carpet?

I've just bought the outdoor revolution versa tiles that are 60cm x 60cm for a tenner a pack, and they also include the edging. You can also get a bag for 4 packs. This is my investment for 2014!

I'd like to know where you got these from at such a good price, milky marsh. .. I've not seen them on the net for less than £16 a pack. ... (if you don't mind sharing?) :ph34r::rolleyes:

Link to Towsure.

Yes I didn't notice they were in packs of 4 - apologies. So price would be in round figures, with edges, just over £200.

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg. 

I'd like to know where you got these from at such a good price, milky marsh. .. I've not seen them on the net for less than £16 a pack. ... (if you don't mind sharing?) :ph34r::rolleyes:

Try this:

http://www. jacksonscamping. com/outdoor-revolution-versa-tile-flooring-tiles-2-packs/p6628

£20 for 2 packs

Happy to share!

And they weigh????

Ounces not pounds. .........

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I have used the type of tiles (40) in my awning for about 5 yrs and find they are good to walk on and not effect the grass and also as they are about 12mm thick they lift everything off any damp or wet grass unlike a carpet . I got mine off Ebay as you could buy in bulk orders and so cheap . They are very light and I just stand them up stacked in a plastic crate which stops any mud marking anything muddy.

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Nice one,milkymarsh!!

I will definitely be investing too I think!!

:D;)

In fact, cancel my last comment, I've just bought them!! Whoo hoo!!

In fact, cancel my last comment, I've just bought them!! Whoo hoo!!

Don't forget the bag you can get for them. One bag will hold 4 packs of tiles and edgings. Keeps them all tidy for you too:

http://www. youcancaravan. co. uk/awnings-c2/accessories-c13/versa-tile-holdall-in-blue-which-holds-up-to-4-packs-16-tiles-p1099

Edited by milkymarsh

Don't forget the bag you can get for them. One bag will hold 4 packs of tiles and edgings. Keeps them all tidy for you too:

http://www. youcancaravan. co. uk/awnings-c2/accessories-c13/versa-tile-holdall-in-blue-which-holds-up-to-4-packs-16-tiles-p1099

You don't work for them do you, milkymarsh? :DB):rolleyes:

The black sacks with the yellow tie handles fit perfectly

SWMBO is very particular. ....

The black sacks with the yellow tie handles fit perfectly

Sam - do you mean bin bags?

SWMBO is very particular. ....

Sam - do you mean bin bags?

Yes sorry - for the life of me I couldn't think what they were called!!