Rest Area Around Bristol

Hi, We are going to Cornwall from Nottingham in the summer with our van and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good place to take a break just after Bristol so that our 2 year old can have a run around for an hour. I would prefer to stay away from service stations any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance Paul.

Just looking through potential sites without coming too far from motorway, Stonebridge Farm gets good reviews. I however don't know it personally.

UKCS/sites/reviews. asp?revid=3511

Just a rest rather than an overnight ? We stop regularly at Cribbs Causeway shopping mall at junction 17 - with the caravan in tow we park in the highest area - i. e farthest from the motorway - and never have a problem finding space except in the pre Christmas rush. There are nicer toilets, cafes and restaurants inside the mall than at any of the motorway services.

Edited by moorgate

If you travel down past Bristol to junction 21 for Weston Super Mare. Turn left onto A370 for Bristol and after a few hundred yards on the right is Puxton park, a childrens play park etc. Excellent access, big car park and you can get a bite to eat here as well. Not sure about price etc but they have a website.

Dave formerly DaveBelcanto