Caravan Curtains

A bit of a boring thread I guess for many, BUT our 1992 Bailey could really do with new curtains, we have completely made over the interior, but curtains are beyond either of us.

Has anyone successfully made new curtains for their van ?, if so do you make them as lined curtains or self lined ?

Does anyone know of a place that could make caravan curtains that don't cost the earth ?

We did for our 1991 Elddis Wisp about 6 years ago. Bought new plastic runners for top and bottom, used the old curtains as templates but didn't bother with any liner. Old ones were sun bleached.

It wasn't difficult if you copy the existing ones.

Looks so much better.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

And significantly than buying any genuine ones through he bailey parts website, looked a set of theirs for the kids bunks. Needed a second mortgage!! Kids now having to make do without. ..

As whispy says, make your own. Just follow old ones for pattern.

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Have you tried www. careavan. org they have branches all over the Country. I have used them for new foams inserts in seating and was very pleased with their service and the prices were negotiable. May be worth getting a quote.

Have you tried www. careavan. org they have branches all over the Country. I have used them for new foams inserts in seating and was very pleased with their service and the prices were negotiable. May be worth getting a quote.

No, I have not,, but will try them on Monday, Thank you for the tip

We got some material in a sale £25 for the roll! Went to a local sewing shop with the original curtains which they used as templates. We have a 5 berth van so quite a few pairs, the shop charged us £40 to make fully lined curtains. We just then covered the pelmets in plain material, it's amazing the difference it makes an gives the van a modern feel.

We got some material in a sale £25 for the roll! Went to a local sewing shop with the original curtains which they used as templates. We have a 5 berth van so quite a few pairs, the shop charged us £40 to make fully lined curtains. We just then covered the pelmets in plain material, it's amazing the difference it makes an gives the van a modern feel.

Now that sounds a bargain.

Can you tell me what you mean by a sewing shop ??

Shop in our local town that does alterations, it's great we take any alterations or sewing. We had some material left so just had some scatter cushions done to finish things off