Manchester Caravan Show - Anyone Going?

Honk

As per the title, The Manchester show is starting in a few days. Anyone having a trip out?

I will be around on Sunday if you want to bump into / avoid me ;)

H.

Finding things funny since 1968 :blink:

I have a lively 2 and a bit year old child. ........................think i will give it a miss might get the usual frowns from the kill joys :lol:

Ste

Edited by kobelcokid

. ....One life, Don't waste it fixing LandRovers .

Ford F350 SUPERDUTY Towing 640 Hobby @ 1%

Bring 'em along, let's rock this party :lol:

H.

I have a lively 2 and a bit year old child. ........................think i will give it a miss might get the usual frowns from the kill joys :lol:

Ste

We are Taking the 3 of ours on Sunday, I am sure the youngest will provide entertainment and looks of horror in equal measures. ....

Mike

VW Touareg 3. 0L V6 262 R Line with a Unicorn IV Segovia trying to keep up!

Yup, and a crisp creme donut shop next door :D

We will be going on Friday night, usually quiet and free after 5pm.

Hymer Eriba Nova 541 2014

Its a good idea to take small children to the shows, Much to the horror of the sales men. It proves how well made and durable their caravans are, or not in many cases.

If you find fixings and shower doors off runners etc on Sunday afternoon, it will show that your prized expensive pride and joy can come to pieces easier than you think.

I try to ban my teenagers from our van where possible. :lol:

Mitsubishi Shogun 3. 2 SG3 197 BHP, 2014, Auto in White . Looking for a 7m German caravan.

I would have liked to have gone, I enjoyed last years show in Manchester a lot, but as I am in foreign parts must give it a miss .

If its as good as last years it will be a good day out, could you post your view when you have been Honk please or mail me.

Coachman Amara 500/5 pulled by Rover75 Diesel Auto.

Will do Peter although I never go looking for a van but do like to see the whole place.

I might even get my camera out and take some snaps. I have 2 weddings to shoot this year and need the cobwebs blowing off.

H.

Be ther Friday afternoon

Olympic caravan services.
Approved mobile workshop covering wrexham northwales shropshire and west cheshire.

mob 07827738671 land line 01978 710 943

www.olympiccaravanservices.com    enquiries@olympiccaravanservices.com

If you could all take your little popits around the Adria stand before Saturday, that could be helpful . ... se if they last longer then anything UK built . ...

Shogun SWB, Adria Isonzo +Dwt Paradies 280 . ... 78% match. Pitchin next to you sometime. ..!!!!

Be there tomorrow (Thursday)

CARPE DIEM

While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: pluck the day, put no trust in the future.

We visited the Manchester caravan show today for the first (and probably the last time). Once we were in the hall we enjoyed the show very much and we joined the Camping & caravaning club who had a good show offer. The trouble was getting into the show from junction 9 M60. The 3/4 mile journey took 50 minutes followed by a hunt for a car park which took another 10 mins or so followed by a fair walk to the hall. At no time did we see anyone from the show organizers directing traffic or providing advice.

We complained about the poor arrangements at the organisers office who insisted that there were no problems whatsoever and they had numerous people outside to direct traffic etc.

Has anyone else visited the show?

We visited the show 2 years ago and found the same problem, we did however advise people on this forum to wait until nearer lunch time when things calmed down a bit and to stay until later. We found the hall almost emptied by about 3 o clock and much better. ...Peter

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.

We also visited the first year it moved from the GMex to Event City it was organised chaos and vowed never to go again.

We will, however, be going to Birmingham in February.

Volvo V60 D5, Coachman VIP 2016, Isabella Magnum porch awning, powrtouch mover

Adventure before dementia

<p>

I was there yesterday day and will be there again tomorrow and yes the car parks were busy but was directed to a car park with spaces and then used the marshald crossing points in to the main hall but I did see people trying to cross roads causing havoc and nearly requiring an ambulance becuss they couldn't be bothered to walk to the marshaled crossing point but instead used the direct route over the grass verges and the center reservations .

Olympic caravan services.
Approved mobile workshop covering wrexham northwales shropshire and west cheshire.

mob 07827738671 land line 01978 710 943

www.olympiccaravanservices.com    enquiries@olympiccaravanservices.com

I was there yesterday day and will be there again tomorrow and yes the car parks were busy but was directed to a car park with spaces and then used the marshald crossing points in to the main hall but I did see people trying to cross roads causing havoc and nearly requiring an ambulance becuss they couldn't be bothered to walk to the marshaled crossing point but instead used the direct route over the grass verges and the center reservations .

That's just the way I saw it when I went. Plenty of parking places but people just too lazy to walk a couple of hundred yards. ..Peter

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.

Peter,

We never saw any marshals on the way in. There were some on the way out who did stop traffic on some of roads. I forgot to mention that G4s were assisting the organiisers.

I shall be going to the NEC as it is only down the road

Hyundai Terracan pulling a Burstner Trecento 530 easily
I thought I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, but it was somone with a torch