Bordeaux

Hi any recommendations for site open round the Bordeaux area late Feb and is Bordeaux doable from Caen in a day

We've done it from St Malo. . disembarking at 8am and arriving 20 miles north of Bordeaux at 4:30pm after leisurely breakfast and lunch stops. .. using Autoroutes and tolls though.

So I don't see why not.

Try ringing Garry at Twin Lakes, Soumeras. . just north of Bordeaux. .. 0033 (0) 5 46 49 77 12

The website seems to be down tonight but it was there last week or so!

HTH

G.

We have done Calais to Bordeaux in two days with a late crossing so we stopped at the Aire on the A16 but if you start at Caen first thing you should be ok. It's horribly expensive on the autoroute. We were south of Bordeaux in Mayotte Vacances http://www. mayottevacances. com/ just outside Biscarrosse and it was lovely on the lakeside. Nice restaurant too. Biscarrosse plage and Arcachon worth a visit.

Edited by BFM

Enjoy every minute of every day. It doesn't last nearly as long as you'd like, and there's no guarantee of coming this way again.

We have done Calais to Bordeaux in two days with a late crossing so we stopped at the Aire on the A16 but if you start at Caen first thing you should be ok. It's horribly expensive on the autoroute. We were south of Bordeaux in Mayotte Vacances http://www. mayottevacances. com/ just outside Biscarrosse and it was lovely on the lakeside. Nice restaurant too. Biscarrosse plage and Arcachon worth a visit.

Less that €30 (even with a caravan) if you travel from Caen via Rennes on A84.

G.

Edited by chapmag

Yes; we did something wrong (like go straight there) and it cost €160 :o in total! (Before anyone argues, I have just checked my receipts).

Enjoy every minute of every day. It doesn't last nearly as long as you'd like, and there's no guarantee of coming this way again.

Not sure some of the coastal resorts around arcachon are open in February. Some of them are boarded up at that time of year, not a pretty sight

Ford "FutureTaxi". less bhp than last year, sticky toffy down seat rail. Towing big white box with comfy seats and some steak knives from daughters boyfriend.

We've done it from St Malo. . disembarking at 8am and arriving 20 miles north of Bordeaux at 4:30pm after leisurely breakfast and lunch stops. .. using Autoroutes and tolls though.

So I don't see why not.

Try ringing Garry at Twin Lakes, Soumeras. . just north of Bordeaux. .. 0033 (0) 5 46 49 77 12

The website seems to be down tonight but it was there last week or so!

HTH

G.

Websites up again. .. http://www. twinlakesfrance. com/

G.

What's Twinlakes like for an overnighter ?

It's in the right position for a trip I am thinking about when going through France to Spain in the Autumn.

Land Rover is now back towing.

What's Twinlakes like for an overnighter ?

It's in the right position for a trip I am thinking about when going through France to Spain in the Autumn.

It'll be fine. .. Garry will make you a brew on arrival and give you a cheery wave as you leave.

Having overnighted you may be tempted to stay longer on a future trip or even the way back!

We love it. . only been once (well twice once the way down and once on the way back in 2011) but returning for two weeks this year.

Very loose and relaxed camp site!

HTH,

G

Edited by chapmag

village du lac camping de bordeux, acsi right in there, sounds OK and thats good enough for me

Edited by mikal83