Car Suggestions

Subneural

Hi, been a while since I last posted but I'm currently researching a new (to me) motor and thought this would be the best place to get a range of responses.

My main priorities are for a 4x4 with a lockable diff and an auto box which can pull 1600kg.

Not brand new but up to 4 years old is fine.

I currently drive a T30 X-trail manual which I like but the auto version isn't up to the load so thats out of the equation.

My current interest is in a 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander GX4 as I particularly like the drop down boot feature but I'm open to other suggestions.

Any recommendations ?

Probably best to give an indication of budget and any other specific requirements as your criteria could cover anything from a low mileage top of the range Range Rover to a well worn 4x4 twin cab pick up and I guess quite a long list in between !

Lasnd Rover freelander 2 auto for me, I am currently on my second Freelander and love the car. According to the 85% rule it will tow a caravan up to 1600kg although it is capable of towing a much heavier van.

The Outlander has a kerb weight of around 1650kg itself so may be a bit light? looked at one recently

Sure others will have other suggestions

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

Good point:

Budget in the region of £18k, up to 4 years old.

Outlander auto is 1745Kg

Not worried about going over the 85% rule as long as I'm under the 100