South Yorks Caravans Now Marquis

SamD

Just popped in today and 'Under New Management' notices everywhere. Separate notice saying S Yorks gone into vol liquidation 14 Jan and will cease trading 31 Jan.

Marquis seem to be 'gutting' the showroom - all vans now outside. Don't know much about Marquis.

Sam :beardy:

Will take a look once it is up & running.

Edited by stevew1

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

Bought our motorhome from marquis last summer. gave us a reasonable deal on the part-ex for our caravan. Staff were very easy to deal with. Have a couple of warranty issues i need to deal with over the next month or so (MH is off road on sorn at mo) Will let you know how i get on with those.

They must be one of, if not the biggest caravan & motorhome dealers around now.

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

Will take a look once it is up & running.

They are open for business and have a sale on but the part of the showroom which had 'specials' on display is now empty and looks as though changes are afoot.

Bought our motorhome from marquis last summer. gave us a reasonable deal on the part-ex for our caravan. Staff were very easy to deal with. Have a couple of warranty issues i need to deal with over the next month or so (MH is off road on sorn at mo) Will let you know how i get on with those.

They must be one of, if not the biggest caravan & motorhome dealers around now.

They claim to be the biggest - hope the staff were covered by TUPE and transferred over.

we were there a couple of weeks ago, strangely enough i said to Angie they were looking very short of used caravans, although the showroom and accessories looked ok. Sorry to hear they have gone but, hopefully a new leaf and all that.

We found out at the weekend when I tried to book our 'van in for them to look at a new damp problem. It's a 2009 which had a few months to go on the SYMC provided warranty. Not happy since they'd already had one go at fixing it and now we have no warranty.

We found out at the weekend when I tried to book our 'van in for them to look at a new damp problem. It's a 2009 which had a few months to go on the SYMC provided warranty. Not happy since they'd already had one go at fixing it and now we have no warranty.

Sorry to be rude but have you checked. As said in my first post I think they are still trading until 31 Jan

Did you pay for any part of the caravan by credit card and more than £100 if so you should be covered.

Ap

Marquis is the retail arm of Autosleepers who manufacture motor homes. They have now gone into caravan manufacture and their ranges are very well made and high end prices.

Their site in Preston also accommodated Riversway Leisure, totally separate business, but they have gone as well. I don't know if any of their other sites have accessories.

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her

Marquis is the retail arm of Autosleepers who manufacture motor homes. They have now gone into caravan manufacture and their ranges are very well made and high end prices.

Their site in Preston also accommodated Riversway Leisure, totally separate business, but they have gone as well. I don't know if any of their other sites have accessories.

That makes sense - they have a used AS Grosvenor caravan on site for sale and never seen one before - good quality

Sorry to be rude but have you checked. As said in my first post I think they are still trading until 31 Jan

I can't say I found that rude at all :) I'm popping in tomorrow (I've been away for a couple of days so this is the first chance) so I'll ask them again. When I spoke to them at the weekend though they said that all but one of the service department clerical staff (including the dept. manager) had gone.

That said, there's the question of trusting them (or not). If they said 'yes, we'll fix it' and they had it after the 31st Jan how would that work out?

Did you pay for any part of the caravan by credit card and more than £100 if so you should be covered.

Ap

Yes, we paid the deposit by CC so that's always an option.

Thanks all.

Most of these warranties are insured out, check your docs, the insurer may authorise the new company to do any suitable work.

I've checked and our warranty is just a piece of paper with a start date on so it's as much use as the paper it's written on, as they say.

After our original experience with the service side of SYMC we planned to have an independent service before the warranty ran out anyway in case anything was uncovered. That was due in June/July. I've now booked a mobile service in a couple of weeks time so we'll see what happens then.

Thanks for all your advice.

Better make it clear that this thread does not have anything to do with Yorkshire Caravans of Bawtry.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Better make it clear that this thread does not have anything to do with Yorkshire Caravans of Bawtry.

Pity.