Powr Touch Mover - Single Axle E Series (2006 Ish)

newforester

Hi. My mover has developed a fault where it won't work using the handset but will work using the cable.

I have replaced the handset battery but still no joy. The 110ah leisure battery is 5 years old now and I am thinking this needs replacing. It is permanently connected to an 18 watt solar panel so stays topped up. The caravan is being serviced in a couple of weeks so the battery condition will be checked then (I will disconnect the solar panel a day or so beforehand to allow it to settle).

I am keen to know if anyone has experienced a similar situation? I welcome your thoughts.

Regards

I would look at your instructions, if lost I feel sure you will find them on the Powrtouch web site, look for how to reset the wireless connection. if that not fix give Powrtouch a ring they are very, very helpful.

Regards, David
Peugeot 308 GT Premium, 1.5 diesel 2021

Obviously you will have changed the battery on the handset. You suspect the caravan battery but do the rollers turn when not locked against the wheel? That takes very little power.

Have you tried retuning the handset?

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

We did have that problem with a Powrtouch handset several years ago - it worked ok with the cable but not wirelessly. It was only three years old. I phoned Powrtouch and they sent out a new one, with a postage paid label to return the old one. They even offered to send it to site, but as we were touring I was quite happy to wait until we got home. I'd guess that Powrtouch have an exchange policy if the handset is faulty

You might find that if the van battery is on it's way out then there's not enough power for the wireless when the motors try to start. An easy way to give it a quick check if you've got a multimeter is to set it to the 20v range (make sure it's on volts and not amps) and check the battery voltage. Try the mover (don't run over your feet or hit anything) and if the voltage drops much below 12v then the battery is on it's way out.

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Make sure your van unit still has its wire ariel attached and its not being covered by anything that would block the signal getting to it, if the van battery has enough umph to move the van its got enought to power the remote operation. PT have always been helpful whenever I have had a problem even when out of warranty.

I had a similar experience a couple of years ago. Eventually I found that one of the thin wires from the 9v battery in the handset had come adrift. Resoldered the connection and it has been ok ever since. Hope you get sorted.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

I can confirm that the motors do not run regardless of whether the rollers are engaged to the tyres. The aerial is dangling about 6 inches down from the floor of the caravan. I haven't tried resetting the control box and handset so I will do this next. If after the caravan battery has been given the all clear / replaced it still isn't working I will phone powr touch.

Cheers all.

I have same PT 2006 model.

Does the green light on handset come on?

If not, then, as above, it could be a broken wire from PP9 battery in handset.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion