Le Bahamas Beach France

Hi as anyone been to this site? Thinking of going this year in July also best way to get there . Cheers Nick

Have a look at www. viamichelin. fr (not the British version, it's full of pop-ups for Eurotunnel). It will calculate your route, from the port you're arriving at, and give you a price for fuel and toll costs. From Calais (the cheapest crossing), it calculates eight hours, and tolls of 79. 40. You need to look at your 'start' timings (ie what time you can get a ferry), your departure port (compare each one - it may be best to pay more for a crossing and do less driving and less tolls).

Personally we prefer to use Dover/Calais - and we live north of Leeds - but we don't 'do' the Vendee (we prefer wilder, more rugged areas) so we usually head south rather than west.

I was there on my first France trip. No real problems but I thought the pitches were tight. I needed an extra EHU cable as they are at the end of the avenue. The pool has a small slide and does have lifeguards. The pitch I had was very bare and dusty. No real moans but probably wouldn't go back. No real reason why not.

Thanks can not get a crossing only Dover to Calais but wanted to go Portsmouth to st Malo but fully booked . Oh thanks val for all the advice last year on my first trip to Fance we really enjoyed our trip