Toiletries Bag

bopeep

Before Christmas we were leaving our home in Spain for the UK as we had abut 400 plus miles to do the first day we wanted to get away fairly quick but had to go to the storage to get the caravan, loading up my wife said we had forgotten her toiletries bag, so I went back home to retrieve it.

Now this is a very large beach bag almost the size of a laundry bag it is what we normally use as ballast we move it up and down the van to get the nose weight right, I have never taken much notice before as it is a thing always with us I assumed it clothes, food etc,

When I say it was heavy it is an understatement like the weight of a gas bottle. One day sitting quietly I asked what the contents of the bag was, she said my toiletries, I said it would be impossible to fill a bag that size but she was adamant it was all for her, none for me, then in the UK it was into every cosmetic shop that she headed. Then I noticed what she was paying for the stuff, I just cannot get my head round both the price and the need to carry such an amount, needless to say it will not be with us on the next trip, whats wrong with a bit of soap and water.

Not only did we have to lug it back home to Spain it was even heavier and fuller then before, what more she just cannot understand the need to keep things light, unloading her clothes alone took two trips to the storage. believe me it will not happen again. Don't get me started on the shoes.

Who else has this problem and how do you solve it.

We've come to Spain for 3 months, staying on sites with good showers and washing facilities. My wife has brought 14 pairs of trousers, 14 pairs of footwear and 12 pairs of shorts, and various tops, dresses, etc. too numerous to count. And her bathroom in the caravan (notice it's not our bathroom) has the most amazing array of lotions and potions.

Bopeep asks how I solve this problem. Well,, I don't. You can plainly see who wears the trousers (and the shorts, and the shoes) in our house!

Hi,

Remove the concrete mixer from the bag !

david

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

We've come to Spain for 3 months, staying on sites with good showers and washing facilities. My wife has brought 14 pairs of trousers, 14 pairs of footwear and 12 pairs of shorts, and various tops, dresses, etc. too numerous to count. And her bathroom in the caravan (notice it's not our bathroom) has the most amazing array of lotions and potions.

Bopeep asks how I solve this problem. Well,, I don't. You can plainly see who wears the trousers (and the shorts, and the shoes) in our house!

You should be a comedian your post made me laugh

Cleaning the House while the kids are at home is like clearing snow with it still snowing

VW Touareg + Bailey Verona = Happy Family :)

Before Christmas we were leaving our home in Spain for the UK as we had abut 400 plus miles to do the first day we wanted to get away fairly quick but had to go to the storage to get the caravan, loading up my wife said we had forgotten her toiletries bag, so I went back home to retrieve it.

Now this is a very large beach bag almost the size of a laundry bag it is what we normally use as ballast we move it up and down the van to get the nose weight right, I have never taken much notice before as it is a thing always with us I assumed it clothes, food etc,

When I say it was heavy it is an understatement like the weight of a gas bottle. One day sitting quietly I asked what the contents of the bag was, she said my toiletries, I said it would be impossible to fill a bag that size but she was adamant it was all for her, none for me, then in the UK it was into every cosmetic shop that she headed. Then I noticed what she was paying for the stuff, I just cannot get my head round both the price and the need to carry such an amount, needless to say it will not be with us on the next trip, whats wrong with a bit of soap and water.

Not only did we have to lug it back home to Spain it was even heavier and fuller then before, what more she just cannot understand the need to keep things light, unloading her clothes alone took two trips to the storage. believe me it will not happen again. Don't get me started on the shoes.

Who else has this problem and how do you solve it.

Oh goodness me! You can't be serious! You are going to feel the proverbial boot if you try to do away with that precious bag! You men have absolutely no idea just what is involved in being a woman. It's that mystique that keeps us so alluring. :blush:

As for the stock of clothes - well every woman worth her salt must have clothes for every occasion but not only that we need to have regular CLEAN clothes and don't want to spend half our time in a laundry. I'm afraid some men simply don't understand that need!

You really must get with the program!! :P

T00ts

You've only failed when you've stopped trying! xx

I've been on aircraft holidays with female friends and the weight of their suitcases due to the toiletries and potions amazed me!

That said, my mate who comes in the motorhome has twice as many - and he's a lad!

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

The only thing I can add to this thread is:

I have never been to bed with an ugly woman,

I have woken up with a few though!

H.

Finding things funny since 1968 :blink:

The only thing I can add to this thread is:

I have never been to bed with an ugly woman,

I have woken up with a few though!

H.

:lol::lol:

T00ts

You've only failed when you've stopped trying! xx

So you streak around the house then ?

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

Well, speaking as a female of the species, I don't understand it either so can't help!! I take flannel, toothbrush, and hand cream If I remember, I might take moisturiser but I rarely use it at home so usually forget it. We share the toothpaste, soap, shampoo and shower gel.

I pack pretty light on the clothes front, too.

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see (GK Chesterton)

There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong equipment (Alfred Wainwright)

Long and short - don't interfere. The reprisals aren't worth even thinking about. ...

I work on the view of if its out it goes away with us, if not then its not my fault it got forgotten. Just seems to be though that more and more are 'essentials'....especially with 2 daughters in tow too. ...

Well, speaking as a female of the species, I don't understand it either so can't help!! I take flannel, toothbrush, and hand cream If I remember, I might take moisturiser but I rarely use it at home so usually forget it. We share the toothpaste, soap, shampoo and shower gel.

I pack pretty light on the clothes front, too.

Same here. !! no matter how long im going away for, one small bag is all I need with all me clobber and stuff to keep me clean in it. I don't understand why some women have to take near enough their whole wardrobe and a huge bag just for their toiletries. Toothbrush, toothpaste, showergel deodorant. that's all the toiletries I need.

I think my Guardian Angel Drinks.

For most of last week, one of my friends was keeping us all updated on Facebook about her packing, unpacking and repacking for Spain. Her case was too heavy so she was debating what to leave out and what to take. She flew out on Friday morning.

She was home again this morning . ........ II don't think that any of us who don't see her regularly realised that she'd only gone for a long weekend!!!

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see (GK Chesterton)

There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong equipment (Alfred Wainwright)

How do you cope with wimmin? Either a divorce (costly) or upgrade your MPTLM (and half your own clothes ration).

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

< shakes head in wonder>

Its amazeing when I see others pack up all their crud to go away, and I just have a wee poxy bag which is minute in comaparison to what they take with them. Saying that, my eldest daughter packs practically everything she owns when she goes to stay with her dad for a weekend!!... I really don't get it.

I think my Guardian Angel Drinks.

Look at my signature. Done that!!!

Me too ;)

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

*****. .. have I gotta organise one for you aswell?

This could turn into a right little earner!!

Not married. Living over the brush! However OH owns half of the caravan and half of the tow car!!

Alan

Iaid in the bath once upon a time and counted 23 bottles of stuff perched around the edge and on the rack. ....:-(

Toured Europe last year, sorted all clothes etc all ready in the spare room ready to be packed, i was impressed and embarrassed, I'd actually got a larger pile of stuff than the wife, fetched van from storage and whilst she was working (works from home) I loaded the van which had previously been stripped of all non essentials. I showered & shaved which takes me all of 15 min.

5pm, the moment she finishes work she showers (45 min) then we're off.

Next day, our 1st on French soil I'm struggling to find the big fold out map, searching through all the lockers I find 3 TIMES the amount of clothing, shoes, hair care cosmetics than what was packed earlier by myself, stuff was everywhere & in the most unlikeliest of places, I poked my head out of the van to have a word, the smirkish look on her face just said it all, I'd been had by a smarter person than myself.

Just how did she manage to sort it all & pack it all in just 15 min beats me, but then again, I'm just a man !!

I will of course take the keys in the shower next time

Whilst some women may take too much in the way of clothing, toiletries, etc I'll put money on it being the men with the heavy stuff . ..... cameras, lenses, binoculars, bottles of whisky, remote controlled aeroplanes, etc.

I have to say though that my husband doesn't bring much more than I do, except that all his stuff takes up more space than mine does because he's bigger than me!!!!