Thetford N107 Gas Problem

ian16527

Tried to run my Fridge on gas yesterday, when I was at the storage site, as we are going off electric this year, and had no luck.

It's an electronic LCD display type, and comes up with error 9, which indicates gas valve lockout.

Now, as I expected, it took a while to get the gas through, and I beld the sysytem through with the stove burner on for a minute.

Then, this fridge operates the ignighter automatically for a set time, 20 secs approx. After a couple of attempts I could hear the burner fire up, but as soon as the ignighter timed out, the burner gave up.

So, intial thoughts are the thermocouple not holding in and cutting the gas off, but doing a search several gas engineers on here are confident that the TC very rarely fails, so what could it be.

Dirt in the burner, as it may have never been used on gas, but then would it not fire up at all.

The van is still under the years dealer warranty but if it's an easy fix then I would have a go rather than carting it there and back.

Edited by ian16527

Hi, From your description i would say you have either a burner not burning correctly or the power board has failed, nither of these problems is a DIY job.

Skegness 'The Sunnier Side of Britain'

Hi, From your description i would say you have either a burner not burning correctly or the power board has failed, nither of these problems is a DIY job.

If the power board has failed, would this disable the fridge totally as it works ok on 12/240V?