Beware Cheap Blue Food Grade Hose

Alsie

I recently bought a Mains Water connection kit for my Aquarol, the supplied hose was reinforced and 7. 5 meters long. I needed a longer connection so bought a further 7. 5 meters of cheaper blue food grade hose from the local caravan shop costing approx. 1. 25 per meter.

I tried it out whilst on site in France, connecting both the reinforced and cheaper blue hose as the mains tap was not near enough and required the whole 15 meters. A few hours later I noticed a lot of water coming from beneath the caravan, on closer inspection it appeared that the cheaper blue hose extension had burst due to, I guess, the mains water pressure. Fortunately I caught in in time without too much water loss and managed to cut out the damaged section and re connected it.

For the remainder of our stay I only turned on the mains water when the Aquarol barrel needed replenishing as I had lost confidence in the product. I have now bought some reinforced blue food grade hose for future use.

If the hose had burst during the night then a lot of water would have been wasted and our pitch would have been flooded.

post-58644-0-34051400-1390216614_thumb.jpg

We don't have the tap opened at full pressure. It only needs to be opened part way, thus avoiding what happened to you.

Mitsubishi Shogun 3. 2 SG3 197 BHP, 2014, Auto in White . Looking for a 7m German caravan.

We don't have the tap opened at full pressure. It only needs to be opened part way, thus avoiding what happened to you.

That doesn't reduce the pressure once the aqua roll is full and the water flow stops, the pressure will build up to full mains pressure. Try it with a hose, set water to a trickle and then put your finger on the end, you feel the pressure build.

Ap

I would guess that the cheaper hose was faulty,

take it back!

I used http://www. care-avan. co. uk/superpitch. html

The stuff my local dealer sold me had a nasty

chemical taste they sent the whole lot back to the supplier!

I would guess that the cheaper hose was faulty,

take it back!

I used http://www. care-avan. co. uk/superpitch. html

The stuff my local dealer sold me had a nasty

chemical taste they sent the whole lot back to the supplier!

That is where I bought the Mains Water Kit for the Aquaroll from. Should also have bought 7. 5 meter food grade hose advertised at £21. 99, instead of 7. 5 meters of cheap hose for £9. 37.

To quote the old saying "cheap aint always best". :(

Buy cheap, pay twice!

VB

It is sometimes better to say nothing and be thought a fool, than to speak out and have it proven!

Frontera 3. 2L V6 4x4 tugging Compass Magnum Classic 540 (quite easily!)

Tripod mounted 57cm "Arcon Multi" prime focus dish - Humax Foxsat HD Recorder.

I actually found that at the time of purchasing from Care-avan

it was cheaper than buying the components and making my own!

It is difficult to tell from the photograph but the failed hose appears to be a thin, plain plastic with not reinforcement.

As said the how just looks like normal caravan water hose that is supplied in blue or red hose and not the reinforced hose for main pressure.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .