Solid Or Bolt And Screw

Forest Fruits

In the end, does it matter.

Choose what you like and what suits you. The method of construction shouldn't make any difference unless it falls apart - most vans don't however they are made.

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

As far as I know, there are no reported leaks with the Solid construction method. Maybe Elddis has found the answer to leaks after all? Only time will tell, we have a early build Avante that is now 14 months old and it is dry. Previously we had an Alu-tech which had water ingress in all of the front lockers.

Saying that, we have had dry caravans made in the screw and sealer method without any problems too!!

David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

Very happy with SoLiD at the moment (always seemed more logical build technique than AluTec to me). Van had it's first service last week on a very damp day and after all the rain we've had, there was no reading above 10% anywhere on the structure.

Look at all makes and don't buy on construction method only. It's far more important to buy in a van that you really like and suits your caravanning. It would be the last priority for us

Whatever construction method and manufacturer you choose you will not be immune from problems as you will gather from other topics on this Forum.

poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

Buy the van you like the look of, suites your needs and fits your budget from a dealer interested in your long term custom.

They all have problems you just need to keep your fingers crossed they are not serious ones.

Tug:VW Touareg 4. 2 TDI V8

Tugged: Bucaneer Schooner

Very happy with SoLiD at the moment (always seemed more logical build technique than AluTec to me). Van had it's first service last week on a very damp day and after all the rain we've had, there was no reading above 10% anywhere on the structure.

Hi Wozerp

How are you getting on with the 576, is the heater ok. ...? Your is basically the same as the 636 we have on order and just wondered how it's been. ...?

Cheers

Tim

I'M OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER. ...But I don't. ...😩😩😩

Hi Wozerp

How are you getting on with the 576, is the heater ok. ...? Your is basically the same as the 636 we have on order and just wondered how it's been. ...?

Cheers

Tim

Tim,

Sent you a PM

Carl

We are on our second Solid van the Whale heating is noisy (cannot comment on the Aldi system) the Avtex aerial is rubbish but the van is good. Ps the support from Whale is excellent in helping with problems - thats good.