How Was The Weekend For You ?

Mike&deb

Well, we store our van on a farm, so this weekend we spent most of the daylight hours checking the van over ready for our trip at end of month whilst drinking tea and coffee and watching tv, bliss as it is so peaceful there.

Does anyone else spend time at their van whilst in storage ?

Never spent the day there, but visit reasonably frequent just to check things over and air the van. Not this weekend for us, as spent the whole weekend decorating instead!

I don't, to get my fix, I stand under the shower with a tin tea tray over my head. The memories of the summer rain pattering on the caravan roof come flooding back. Pure bliss!!!

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

Yes, quite often. Can always find something to do! :D

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Ours is stored in the back garden so no - not really, although we do bob in and out quite often if I need something which is in there. Have to say though, if I go in and sit down, I almost always feel instantly relaxed :lol:

Janet and Jason xxx
Jeep Cherokee Limited 2. 0CRD (2015) towing a 2016 Swift Challenger 530 Alde

Ours is stored in the back garden so no - not really, although we do bob in and out quite often if I need something which is in there. Have to say though, if I go in and sit down, I almost always feel instantly relaxed :lol:

How I wish ours was stored at home,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but then I do not know about the safety aspect when away,,

No, but one of us sticks our head round the door to check it when we drop our rent in once a month. It's got a cover on it which will stay on until we've got time to go somewhere so there's not much we can do anyway - it's dark inside!!!

It's only a ten minute walk away, and I can see the top of it from just beyond the end of the road so I can check it hasn't been stolen whenever I want.

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see (GK Chesterton)

There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong equipment (Alfred Wainwright)

How I wish ours was stored at home,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but then I do not know about the safety aspect when away,,

never been a problem so far, and now the kids are grown up, they are around. Our neighbours are pretty good too at watching the house. ................ in fact they are a bit too good sometimes!! :o

Janet and Jason xxx
Jeep Cherokee Limited 2. 0CRD (2015) towing a 2016 Swift Challenger 530 Alde

Our neighbours are pretty good too at watching the house. ................ in fact they are a bit too good sometimes!! :o

Mmmmm Neighbours :rolleyes:

I can honestly say i've never been to the storage yard unless i need something or was collecting it. Its not what you'd call picturesque, just a bunch of motorhomes & caravans in a big steel enclosure.

We spent the weekend instead clearing our garden & plotting out where the new greenhouse, fireplace & garden kitchen are going to go - much more enjoyable ;)

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

No vanning for me for the next two months as i had a op on my knee last monday and no load on the lag allowed so hopping about on crutches, if op not a sucess it will be a false knee.

Glad its over winter.

I go up to ours regularly to "check" on it or I always find odd jobs to do and have a cuppa! Hate when I can't get away!

Compass Shadow 1988

Quite often spend time at our storage, normally inbetween jobs so our van gets a good going over on a regular basis, spent many an hour chatting to other van owners discussing where they're off to or have just visited, if its raining then its gas on, kettle on and feet up with a brew in our van. I love my job.

Edited by Phil O

I am like Janet ours is at home. Do go out before a trip take a cuppa put on the radio while i pack the stuff we want to take. Never had a problem either keeping it a home,we our daughter (27) still lives with us so cat sits etc while we are away.

We were away in the van at a dinner dance rally so a great weekend.

It sits at the side of the house so we are in and out but as we are away most weekends we tend not to sit in it at home although our daughter in law disappeared to it for some quiet from her four nephews over Christmas.

Don't worry about people knowing we are away because it is obvious the tow car is away as well.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.