Kogan Tv's - Have They Gone Under?

dreadly

I wanted to look for a new TV for this years camping trips and every single thing on their site appears to be out of stock. .. I will have to give them a call and see what is going on.

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

looks like they are already down under :P

Towing with 2. 0 darkside mk3 Ford Focus hatch named the Naked Turtle, towing a 1993 Abi Jubilee Emperor Named Michelle

I have a friend who purchased one of their TV's last year, tv is ok (ish), but be careful with the 12 lead they supply, it is literally a straight through from a cigarette lighter plug.

Also reading his instruction manual it clearly states that tv must only be operated from the supplied power brick.

So my opinion is tv ok, but if using on 12volt the use a proper voltage stabiliser and not the cable that they sell for about a tenner

we got our 12v 240v tv from currys, 22" samsung led with freeview built in, i think it was just over £200. if this is any help.

phil

we got our 12v 240v tv from currys, 22" samsung led with freeview built in, i think it was just over £200. if this is any help.

phil

Thanks Phil, That is some help, have you got the exact model number? Although the Kogan one was only £120 :o

Edited by dreadly

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

model number is ue22f50000ak

it is 14v and not 12v but it works fine off of our battery, it runs off of 240v aswell but has a small transformer/inverter down to 14v

they also sell them at tesco, cheaper now than what i paid :rolleyes:

phil

model number is ue22f50000ak

it is 14v and not 12v but it works fine off of our battery, it runs off of 240v aswell but has a small transformer/inverter down to 14v

they also sell them at tesco, cheaper now than what i paid :rolleyes:

phil

Is this is Phil?

http://www. amazon. co. uk/Samsung-UE22F5000-Widescreen-Freeview-Playback/dp/B00BXDK1D4

yep thats the one £40 odd quid more than i paid, nice one :rolleyes: made my day :lol::lol::lol:

phil

I got a 22" Technika Full HD TV/DVD combo from Curries/Dixons last summer, mainly to use as a computer monitor (which it does very well). It also makes a pretty good TV for the van as well. The viewing angle is a lot better than some I've seen and good enough to read the subtitles on NordicNoir. The sound is fine, as far as I'm concerned and it only cost us £120 (normal price is £130) - certainly worth a look. The only thing is that it's 240v only but it works fine from my £15 150watt Maplins inverter.

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

looks like they are already down under :P

I saw what you did there. :) ( even if nobody else got it)

Have had a Kogan for a year or so now and works fine on the odd occassions we have used. Think you will struggle to get better for money. think our 19" with 3 year warranty was under £120 on one of their promotions they do.

Big name down under as mentioned!

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

I got a 22" Technika Full HD TV/DVD combo from Curries/Dixons last summer, mainly to use as a computer monitor (which it does very well). It also makes a pretty good TV for the van as well. The viewing angle is a lot better than some I've seen and good enough to read the subtitles on NordicNoir. The sound is fine, as far as I'm concerned and it only cost us £120 (normal price is £130) - certainly worth a look. The only thing is that it's 240v only but it works fine from my £15 150watt Maplins inverter.

Only problem with having to run through an inverter is the added power consumption for the inverter :(

We used to run a 22" lcd tv through an inverter and it used to draw just over 5 amps from battery, we now have a Cello 19" LED tv and this runs through a voltage stabiliser and barely draws 2amps :)

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a Kogan 19" TV/DVD 2 years ago and have used it on a direct 12v lead (my own) with no problems. The DVD player has stopped working but the media recorder still works. Being an ex TV engineer I found the picture quality only fair and the viewing angle quite narrow. The sound is not good as well so while the price was good at 99 quid with free delivery I would not recommend this product to my friends.

2004 Citroen C5 2. 0ltr diesel auto VTR and 2011 Bailey Orion 430/4

I emailed Kogan and here is what came back

Thank you for your interest in purchasing from Kogan.

At this stage we do not have confirmation of when products will come back in to stock for our UK service.

To be kept informed of new product releases and be the first to hear about special offers, you can subscribe to our newsletter at www. kogan. com/uk

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you require further assistance.

Kindest regards,

Jordan

www. kogan. com

Well there's a letter that says nothing, I don't know what's going on.

I have a Kogan, it's a decent TV, thought I would get another, but they have other ideas it seems.

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

We have one of these 12v from finlux, also has a 240v lead, low power consumption, free view, DVD etc £129. 99.

http://www. finluxdirect. com/combi-tvs/19-tvdvd-combi-19h6030-dm/invt/19h6030-dm

post-55551-0-45730900-1391642370_thumb.jpg

Edited by sleepyfolk

Keep all of your good tv deals coming, I'm looking for one for this season.

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

Phil, How are you getting a 220 volt TV to work on 12 volt battery please?

Regards, David
Peugeot 308 GT Premium, 1.5 diesel 2021

Just one thing to note about TV voltages, if you are going to power it from your 12v system those designed to work off 12v tend to have lower power consumption and the ability to run off the fluctuating 12v supply from a caravan, caravan voltage could be anywhere from over 13v down to 11v, the tvs designed to run off a 12 v socket tend to be happier to run from a wider voltage range.

Some 240v tvs that use a 14v transformer for instance and are run from a battery may have a low voltage cut out which operates once the battery supply reaches 12. 5v say leaving you with no picture.

Worth checking the tech specs if you are powering the tv from a 12v source or battery with no mains supply to see what voltage range it likes to be in, to answer your question David the 240 only supplies a transformer, the tv is 12 or I think 14 as phil said.

Sleepyfolk the Samsung spec. does not say that it is via a transformer to 12 volt. Buyer beware when TV buying if wanting 12 v/220v models to me they are getting harder to find in normal shops. .

Regards, David

Ok have been asking about the Samsung 22" and if mains only or if mains and 12 volt, well answer came back there are 2 versions.

To see for your selves go to You Tube and put Samsung UE22F5000 in Search and view the unboxing videos.

You will see one with a mains to low voltage power unit and the other with a mains lead going straight into the TV.

So beware when buying and look inside the box before leaving the store if buying.

Regards, David

Blimy ! not so long ago 22" T. V. was a home item !

david

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

even tho its a 240 tv it runs off an inverter down to 14v, my mate who works for sky made me another lead to run it from the battery, the battery is always fully charged and we never had any problems with loosing picture or anything else

phil