Alko Wheel Lock

Gari

I am about to exchange my Abbey for a new Lunar Quasar 544. I have an AlKo wheel lock on the Abbey. Can this be used with the new van. i. e. is there a receiver automatically fitted to wheels of new caravans?

I think each lock is specific to the alloy wheel fitted to the caravan, therefore it would only fit if the alloys were the same on both caravans.

Have a look here or contact your dealer

Edited by Chris308

I think each lock is specific to the alloy wheel fitted to the caravan, therefore it would only fit if the alloys were the same on both caravans.

Have a look here or contact your dealer

you will probably need a new lozenge but you will be able to use the lock itself. You can then sell the old lozenge via C C or preloved etc.

you will probably need a new lozenge but you will be able to use the lock itself. You can then sell the old lozenge via C C or preloved etc.

Exactly what I did. Worked a treat. Also occasionally alko have a special offer on with discounted lozenges etc

Failing that I got one from your favourite auction website cheap last year. Registered it no issues at all with alko

Edited by milkymarsh

HI i asked the dealer for a Alko locks when i changed the van he said he could not give me any so I told them to change the wheels

he mysteriously found two if i left the two i had

Ask your dealer, but I thought new vans came with alko wheel locks. Ours is a twin axle and they were part of the kit, along with the electric hook up, gas bottle and TV.

Mitsubishi Shogun 3. 2 SG3 197 BHP, 2014, Auto in White . Looking for a 7m German caravan.

Ask your dealer, but I thought new vans came with alko wheel locks. Ours is a twin axle and they were part of the kit, along with the electric hook up, gas bottle and TV.

I think it depends on the model. Most have the reciever behind the wheel, but the lower models dont come with the lock itself.

I got mine from the auction site as well. Sell your existing one on there as well - prices, expect between £45-£75

Alko site has a search engine which tells you what number lock you need

Edited by ian16527