Alutech Servicing

Nsmcmullen

One year +/- 60 days I think, then it's out of warranty.

That might not be the case for a dealership though, they might get it back into warranty, but as it's not, it's price negotiating time.

Edited by Wunny

Bailey Orion News & Information - 

I would email Bailey and explain the circumstances. Ask if they will re-instate the warranty if you book the caravan into a Bailey dealers workshop for service now. If the caravan is dry and with no issues Bailey may re-instate the warranty. (If you don't ask, you wont get) Drop them an email

To be honest Bailey caravans are quite fair in issues like this and its worth asking them. If they wont re-instate the warranty and you have a problem, I'm afraid its back to the seller.

If you do get a service to uphold the warranty, I would personally use a Bailey Dealers Workshop, My theory is, if you invest a little into them, they should in return, invest a little back to you.

Best of luck.

Edited by Gaz40

Hi All,

Does anybody know how late you can be for the first service and retain the warranty.

Looking at a private sale and the Orion 430 I'm looking at was registered on the 27-10-12 and hasn't yet had a service.

Thanks

Servicing has to be done within six weeks either side of the original purchase date plus one year,two years etc.

The third service has to be done on or before the third year purchase date.

Your chosen van is therefore unfortunately out of warranty.

http://www. baileyofbristol. co. uk/company/vehicle-warranty/

Ian

If Bailey can't help (ref #4) I would suggest you look for another nearly new caravan that has been serviced correctly. The one your looking at may be slightly cheaper but may cost you thousands in the future if anything goes wrong, why risk it.

For any additional information or advice please have a look on my website. .....

www. thecaravanmedic-swindon. co. uk

4. The caravan must undergo a full annual service and inspection, including a moisture

survey, carried out, subject to paragraph 5 below, by an Authorised Service Centre. The

final annual service in the warranty period must be carried out before the end of that

warranty period, but all other annual services may be carried out within six (6) weeks

either side of each anniversary of the original purchase date. The original VAT invoices

must be retained as proof that these annual inspections have been carried out.

Bailey Unicorn Valencia S2 & BMW E61 530i

Hi All,

Does anybody know how late you can be for the first service and retain the warranty.

Looking at a private sale and the Orion 430 I'm looking at was registered on the 27-10-12 and hasn't yet had a service.

Thanks

Could be why they are selling it as they do not want the costly repairs.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

As stated earlier 6 weeks either side of anniversary for 1st and 2nd service. 3rd service up to 6 weeks before but not after.

Follow Reads. Main Dealership for Bailey, Swift, Sterling, Lunar Venus.

www. readcaravans. com

socialfacebook.png socialtwitter.png

2013 CaravanTimes Reader Award - Best Caravan Dealer 2013 CaravanTalk Finalist - Best Caravan Dealer 2013 CaravanTalk Finalist - Best Caravan Servicing. 2012 CaravanTalk Winner Best Caravan Servicing 2011 CaravanTimes Reader Award - Best Caravan Dealer 2010 Practical Caravan - Dealer of the Year

Bit away from the topic but below is the 2014 warranty for Coachman.

For the 2014 model year all Coachman caravans carry a five year manufacturer’s warranty and a six year water ingress and body delamination guarantee.

This Coachman warranty does require that a full annual service be carried out by an authorised service centre. This service must be carried out within ninety days either side of the anniversary of the purchase date for interim years but before the anniversary date of the 5th and 6th year, in accordance with the National Caravan Council’s recommendations as detailed in the Warranty and Service Handbook.

Water Ingress

We at Coachman recognise that while over recent years we, together with our sealant suppliers, have made tremendous developments in sealants and sealing techniques and are extremely confident in our product resisting water ingress, it is water ingress above all other problems, which remains the main worry and concern of potential and existing retail customers.

Therefore, on every new Coachman caravan sold, we make a comprehensive 6 year Worry Free Water Ingress Offer:

Water Ingress between 1 and 5 years - All labour and parts covered by the Coachman Extended Warranty Scheme provided there is a full service history. (Proof of service and a full damp report must be supplied with any claim).

Water Ingress between 5 and 6 years – Coachman will pay the total labour cost and supply parts free of charge provided there is a full service history and the fifth service was carried out before the anniversary date on the final year of the five-year warranty. (Proof of service and a full damp report must be supplied with any claim).

Additionally

When a customer part exchanges a Coachman caravan at a Coachman dealership and water ingress is detected at the time of the part exchange, Coachman confirms they will pay the dealer the total of the agreed cost of any repair undertaken to rectify the water ingress provided:

a) It is being exchanged for a new Coachman caravan.
B) There is full documentary evidence that the caravan has been serviced annually.
c) The caravan is less than 6 years old.

Edited by SuperJock