Near Automatic Caravan Cover Single Person Fitting, Would You Consider One?

PhoenixUK

Hi All,

I know that most people will struggle fitting their caravan cover(s) to some degree and whilst there is the good idea I've read about on here this evening, as in the 'Scroll' method and also the extendable pole method, what do you think about this way?

Obviously I can't say too much as it's still in the design / proto typing phase but I would like to gauge fellow Touring Caravanner's initial thoughts.

In effect it will be a '1 person fit' for all and any size covers and it will be 'almost' automated apart from connecting 'the product' to the cover and then the caravan; leaving the user to then simply feed the cover should it be required to aid the process from the front end, no side assistance would be needed.

There will also be an element of 'the product' that will deal with any extruding roof accessories.

As I say, I am just wanting to gauge initial reaction to a generically explained caravan cover assistance product and whilst I appreciate that it will be hard to 100% agree or disagree with it; due to not being party to the full idea, concept, design at this stage. .. please do your best, I will be very appreciative of your thoughts people.

Regards,

Rob

Whist the idea sounds good, personally I would never use a cover,, I HAVE in the PAST, but after the last few weeks seeing the damage that a flappy cover can do to both the owners van and the van next door (MY Van) covers are a definite no go for me

In theory the idea sounds good. I used a cover for one winter and had no problems with it so I would consider using one again. ...the two things that put me off at the moment are the cost of the better quality ones and the difficulty in putting it on.

I usually use a cover but they are difficult to fit so anything to make it easier is worth looking

at.

I've always wondered whether covering is the best thing to do, keeps out the weather and keeps it clean but can of course rub on high points when it's windy, keeping the cover tight seems to be the bestpolicy to reduce that. Does this design do that?