Sign in to follow this  
markdj

Bpw Axle Load Weights

We've a 2012 super cyclone. .currently in storage away from home. .

Does anyone happen to know the max axle loads are please.

ta

Mark

Found this but not sure it's what your after

Unladen Weight

1624kg MPTLM Weight 1784kg

Its the actual axle load limits I'm after rather than Elddis proclaimed loadings!

Cheers

Mark

The axles have plates showing maximum weights. 1050kg I should think.

Dave

Cheers Dave,

I'll have a look Jay cheers. ...but they make quite a few axles!

Likey to be SWING rubber suspension axles, braked, axle load 1050 kg, wheel brake
S 2005-7 RASK

ta chaps

Are you looking to see if the MTPLM can be uprated?

don't need to uprate in the eyes of the law. ..the axle rating are what count!

Not as easy as that the tyre have a maximum load the chassis has a plate from the manufacturer that gives a maximum weight on the A frame the hitch has a plate also The caravan manufacturer gives a maximum weight and if the caravan has type approval plating it is illegal to change any plating.

All can be used in a prosecution.

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

. .........the chassis has a plate from the manufacturer that gives a maximum weight on the A frame. .........

The caravan manufacturer gives a maximum weight and if the caravan has type approval plating it is illegal to change any plating.

Dave

I have never seen a weight marked on the A frame or other part of the chassis on any of my caravans.

The chassis are usually supplied as sections to be be assembled to suit a particular body for which the caravan manufacturer specifies a maximum weight. AFAIK this is the only maximum weight (MAM) plate or marking to be found on the body. The axle and drawbar assemblies will also be 'plated' with a maximum load.

My BPW has a chassis plate on the A frame in German giving the nose weight and MAM but you have to bend down to read it as you would not see it under the plastic A frame cover standing. .

Dave

Markdj

I can confirm the following for a 2012 Supercyclone

Max axle load is 950kgs per axle

Max nose load is 150kgs

Regards

David

My BPW has a chassis plate on the A frame in German giving the nose weight and MAM but you have to bend down to read it as you would not see it under the plastic A frame cover standing. .

Dave

Is that in addition to an Elddis plate on the caravan. .....with the same weights? Perhaps this is to conform to type approval requirements where each part must be approved.

There weren't any on the chassis of my Hobbys (own chassis), Burstner (Alko chassis) nor Adria (Alko). Can't rember further back than that.

Beejay if you go into my Gallery of pictures there is a picture of my BPW chassis plate . .

Dave

not wanting to appear to be having a dig at anyone but if posts of a more serious matter were responded to by DW we could all sleep better at night, I know I would.

not wanting to appear to be having a dig at anyone but if posts of a more serious matter were responded to by DW we could all sleep better at night, I know I would.

I refer you back to my post#15

Beejay if you go into my Gallery of pictures there is a picture of my BPW chassis plate . .

Dave

EWVTA requires components to be identified.

I think you will find it's not specific to your caravan as it's a plate for the A frame (Zuggabel) up to (bis max) 1900mm length and combined (gesamptgewicht) with a trailer weight up to 2000kg. It has no individual serial number only the numbers of various specs with which it complies.

It can be used to construct a trailer chassis within those dimensions and weights.

The Elddis weight plate will be the legal definition and should be within those of the chassis' component parts

My caravan is 6yrs old and not EWVTA. The Elddis plate by the door just gives the MTPLM .

Dave

Markdj

I can confirm the following for a 2012 Supercyclone

Max axle load is 950kgs per axle

Max nose load is 150kgs

Regards

David

Thank you David.