Insurance Quotes

PR1

As we collect a brand new caravan in a few weeks time I decided to get insurance quotes.

All were asked for on a identical quote

The lowest was the caravan an camping club, which we are not a member of, who were £2. 00 lower than the Caravan Club, which we are members if.

Our present insurers, who I will not name for fear of upsetting somebody were £50. 00 dearer.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised on how little the premium has risen, moving from a seven year old caravan to a brand new one. I had expected it to more than double.

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

If you were a member you would get further discount, worth checking. Our C and CC insurance is the cheapest i could find and £100 less than the CC

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

It is a bit like your washing up bowl, everything and everybody has a different mix and comparisons just don't work.

I looked on a selection of online sites when mine was due for renewal and they varied by what appeared to be £240!

But when the nitty-gritty was looked at there was only £70 between the top one and the so-called budget one. ,

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

It is a bit like your washing up bowl, everything and everybody has a different mix and comparisons just don't work.

I looked on a selection of online sites when mine was due for renewal and they varied by what appeared to be £240!

But when the nitty-gritty was looked at there was only £70 between the top one and the so-called budget one. ,

geoff

The online comparison sites could not quote as the Bailey Pursuit is not listed! I am sure they would have been dearer!

As an aside the CC told me they promised to undercut my Car insurance quote, due in April, on a like for like basis!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

• 4 weeks later...

My new van is due for collection on 25th of this month so I have been looking at insurance.

The van is a Pastiche 460/2.

I have been to various comparison sites and direct to websites.

However one that does seem excellent value is as follows:-

Quote from Adrian Flux

We are pleased that our quote, shown below was one of the most competitive quotes available.

Unquote.

The quote was £2132. 17

Click here to buy!!!! I think not.

They are all different as we all have differing criteria. We exclude contents as there is nowt of any value left by us - but then add in enough to cover the mover and battery.

So, as shipbroker says, tis difficult to compare like with like.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

They are all different as we all have differing criteria. We exclude contents as there is nowt of any value left by us - but then add in enough to cover the mover and battery.

So, as shipbroker says, tis difficult to compare like with like.

I too thought we didn't have much in the caravan when we lost it in a fire. .....but the £1000 on our caravan policy was soon taken up then onto Home Policy nearly as much. .......if you have decent telephones,laptops,cameras, binoculars and a tv it is amazing how quickly it adds up. ......apart from,two gas bottles, a few keys and part of SWMBO's purse we lost everything so that was watches,her engagement ring and wedding ring and some hundreds for clothes. .....if you are on a 5 day stay you have perhaps two or three coats, changes of clothes etc. etc. .. Pots and Pans, bottles of spirits and wines ( which like cash they don't cover)...................we didn't have an awning with us but did have a Fiamma strapped to the side. .........all money. ..

geoff

l

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530