Kia Sorento

Cooke2133

Been offered my brothers Sorento on a 53 plate for 2 an half grand. Just been serviced with 86k on the clock. Its the xe model. Whats the general consensus on them

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi i have a 2008 Sorento Titan didn't want it when the wife suggested that we changed from Audi A4 but after a while ti grew on me now altho its a bit thirsty at around 33to35 mpg 25to28 towing i would not change it have grown to love it

we tow with a 59 plate Sorento, excellent tow car plenty of grunt.

Been offered my brothers Sorento on a 53 plate for 2 an half grand. Just been serviced with 86k on the clock. Its the xe model. Whats the general consensus on them

I had, a 2008 xe manual, great car, but recently part ex for the new model KX2.

Has it had it's rear axle checked for corrosion?

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

I have a 2008 Titan great tow car

Kia sorento Titan in command of a bailey pageant Sancerre

Had a 54 xs version. Good tug but so uncomfortable!!

Hope you have got a deep pocket for the fuel. Think I would decline the offer if I was you.

Edited by Jslocks

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

Got a 54 plate Sorento. Great Tow car, bit thirsty but very practical and versatile. I think the price is quite good.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

We have just ordered our third Sorrento which shows how much we like them.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

Before giving up caravanning in favour of a motorhome I had a 56 and 59 plate Sorento. On balance I thought the 56 plate (similar to the one you are thinking of) was the better towcar as it had self levelling suspension and felt firmer on the ground. The 59 plate, despite a much more powerful engine which was it's one plus point never felt as stable as the 56 plate. Despite this we covered about 47000 miles with both cars of which two thirds was towing. Neither ever let us down.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

We've had our 53 plate XS for over 5 years now, never let us down, about as good MPG as you'll get from a car this size. Check the thread on the chassis cross members rusting, these are being treated or replaced by main dealers. whether you've got full service history or not :)

Ford Kuga Powershift AWD. Bailey Senator Indiana Series 6

We have had an 04 plate XS Auto for 7yrs now and it has been a brilliant tug. Cannot agree with Jslocks about it being uncomfortable though; not sure if he is referring to the seating or the ride? As far as the ride goes it is a typical 4x4, although I would say it rides a lot better than my previous Disco 300tdi and the seats themselves I find very comfortable. Fuel consumption wise they are not the most economical, but that is typical of all those 2. 5CRDs of that era (30 solo, 21 towing). With the stated mileage and a purchase price of £2. 5k I'd say it sounds a good buy.

We had a 56 and a 59 Sorento, both with more powerful engine. Great tow cars and reliable.

We now have a 62 reg KX2, which we find a great tug. It is more car like and with 194 bhp is pretty quick solo!

Its easy to exceed 60 towing too if not watching the clock!

Good fuel economy on the KX2 as well.

They are good value for money too, a lot of kit for the ££££s!

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

I towed for the first time yesterday with my Sorento. It was a bit twitchy, but I was only moving the van between storage places so I didn't increase the pressure in the Sorento's tyres. The caravan tyres will also probably need topping up before the season starts in earnest. Hopefully when I have everything sorted for the longer journeys it will be a more comfortable drive.

But solos it's an absolutely cracking car to drive :D:D

Kia Sorento KX-2 Auto - Bailey Pegasus GT65 Ancona

Pick it up a week today, cant wait

Do check on what Scooby says in post #11.

Had my 54 plate done for free by Kia dealer. Not a recall but needs checking.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

That will be one of my first things I do Wispman. If its free I get it done. I had my Mondeo doors resprayed by Ford for free and it was 8 yr old

Also, there was a problem with the fuel tank lining coming away on some Sorentos of that age. The main dealer checked mine when it was in having the chassis done. Had a new tank, fuel filter and pumps fitted FOC! :)

Ford Kuga Powershift AWD. Bailey Senator Indiana Series 6

Great very popular towcar. £2500 would appear a good price. Presume its a manual? Autos are ok but they are a tad more thirsty.

David

Nissan X-Trail Adventura KIA Sorento & Elddis Affinity 554

59 plate Sorento here. Badly bouncy ride when solo but a solid and reliable towcar.

Best value for money in my view.

Paul

2009 2. 5 Kia Sorento
2012 Bailey Unicorn Valencia

Hallo all, I have had my KX2 manual for just over a year. Great car to drive solo, and o. k. towing although had a problem trying to pass a car transporter doing about 50 mph. on the A34 dual carriageway!! He was creating a big bowwave, Finally got passed on an uphill section. Overall MPG is about 34 / 35. Looking forward to more caravan holidays this year.

Nissan X-Trail Kia Sorento, Pegasus 2 Rimini

Hallo all, I have had my KX2 manual for just over a year. Great car to drive solo, and o. k. towing although had a problem trying to pass a car transporter doing about 50 mph. on the A34 dual carriageway!! He was creating a big bowwave, Finally got passed on an uphill section. Overall MPG is about 34 / 35. Looking forward to more caravan holidays this year.

We had a 2012 KX2 from new, it was a death trap when towing, hence we traded it in after 10 months. ( no thanks either to kia customer care, if its dangerous then don't tow with it,What sort of reply is that?).

Mitsubishi Shogun 3. 2 SG3 197 BHP, 2014, Auto in White . Looking for a 7m German caravan.

We had a 2012 KX2 from new, it was a death trap when towing, hence we traded it in after 10 months. ( no thanks either to kia customer care, if its dangerous then don't tow with it,What sort of reply is that?).

I wonder why it is that you alone seemed to have this" death trap" of a KX series Sorento? Thousands have been sold, but I have never heard anyone else describe the Sorento in such derogatory terms, could it possibly have been your driving technique, or perhaps an over laded caravan that caused your problems?

2015 SorentoKX2 pulling a 2011 Sterling Eccles Moonstone

The Waltons, on 03 Feb 2014 - 07:42 AM, said:snapback.png

We had a 2012 KX2 from new, it was a death trap when towing, hence we traded it in after 10 months. ( no thanks either to kia customer care, if its dangerous then don't tow with it,What sort of reply is that?).he Waltons, on 03 Feb 2014 - 07:42 AM, said:snapback.png

Which model did you get in 2012, was it the new one i. e. the late 2012 / 2013 model that went on sale about September 2012 or the earlier one. I have read of some issues with the earlier model especially if it was not fitted with SLS. I always make sure that the caravan is loaded correctly and I keep the nose weight to about 95 kgs. It tows my Rimini better than the previous X-Trail although the best towcar I have owned was a Mondeo but that towed a much lighter Challenger 480 2 berth caravan. It is the first time I have ever come across anyone describing a Sorento as a "Death Trap"

Edited by lennie1

Nissan X-Trail Kia Sorento, Pegasus 2 Rimini