Hi Humax Foxsat Set Up

Thosmas

Hi All

I purchased a used unit in June 13 it worked fine all through France I am now based in the uk the post code was set up as TA which I think is Taunton so I was getting BBC south west,

I changed the post code to my new location but get an invalid post code message, if I manual tune I get multiple ??BBC's ch 4's etc

No I didn't make a not of the previous post code kicking my self now

What are my options?

May be stupid idea but try another postcode near to you - could be that the box firmware needs upgrade

Sam :beardy:

The postcode checker requires a good reception of the home EPG transponder on 28. 5E . .. so if your signal level or quality is marginal it won't work. ***

If possible connect the receiver to a fixed satellite dish with good reception or adjust your dish for better signal/quality.

TA1 4DA is BBC Radio Somerset postcode, W1A 1AA BBC London HQ, W12 7TS BBC West London. But none will be recognised until you get good reception.

*** This is because the postcode to Region allocations are, occasionally, refined and one moved from Region A to Region B (from London to Southeast for example). Although you have to input a 6/7 digit code mostly the first 3 is all that is needed to define the allocated region.

Edited by Rodders53

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

May be stupid idea but try another postcode near to you - could be that the box firmware needs upgrade

The box doesn't know where you are, so you can choose a region that you prefer for local TV, as long as you have a post code for your chosen region.

You can check if your box software is up to date by going into Menu/Diagnostics (it's the bottom option of 4 on the left of the screen)

Latest software is HPRSFCI 1. 00. 21

Loader version. U 7. 51

If that is not what you see the go to Menu/Setup/software update/Manual update/(Satellite = freesat 28. 2 E) & clich on Search

David

Swizz

If in doubt find the bit in the menus that says 'factory defaults' or 'system reset' or something similar. This will wipe everything that is variable (such as the postcode) and make the box start over.

A useful tip: for any given postcode area the main Sorting Office or Post Office is usually xx1 1AA - i. e. Leeds is LS1 1AA - which should work. However if you are a distance away from that centre, or there is a postcode boundary nearby, you may need to use the letters of the next area in the first two slots.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

Hi All

I purchased a used unit in June 13 it worked fine all through France I am now based in the uk the post code was set up as TA which I think is Taunton so I was getting BBC south west,

I changed the post code to my new location but get an invalid post code message, if I manual tune I get multiple ??BBC's ch 4's etc

No I didn't make a not of the previous post code kicking my self now

What are my options?

I have a Humax and only use it when in Holland to get and record Freesat but what channels do you get in France? I thought freesat only went as far as the channel coastal region but would love to use it further afield.

CARPE DIEM

While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: pluck the day, put no trust in the future.

I have a Humax and only use it when in Holland to get and record Freesat but what channels do you get in France? I thought freesat only went as far as the channel coastal region but would love to use it further afield.

Are you mixing up Freeview which comes from large masts in UK, FREESAT comes from satellites which used to make it possible to see it several hundred miles beyond the European northern coasts.

David

Swizz

What? Have I wasted years of owning the Humax and not using it to full potential? Please tell me more David as I have always assumed that Freesat was as limited as Freeview but with a slightly wider footprint. How far are we talking about with 'several hundred mile' beyond the European coast, and does the size of the dish extend the range as say a 1 metre one does with Sky? Please tell me more as I honestly never knew this, believing the Coast line was as far as it could be received, thank you, Agzy

CARPE DIEM

While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: pluck the day, put no trust in the future.

What? Have I wasted years of owning the Humax and not using it to full potential? Please tell me more David as I have always assumed that Freesat was as limited as Freeview but with a slightly wider footprint. How far are we talking about with 'several hundred mile' beyond the European coast, and does the size of the dish extend the range as say a 1 metre one does with Sky? Please tell me more as I honestly never knew this, believing the Coast line was as far as it could be received, thank you, Agzy

Freesat channels come from the satellites at 28. 2 E just the same signals as Sky boxes use, but no subscription channels.

People use freesat in Gibraltar.

Do a search for freesat chanels, to get full listing.

How far away a 1 m dish will work is a sore point at the moment, because a new Footprint will evolve in the next few weeks.

It is unlikely that a 1 m dish will work very far into Spain

David

Swizz

Oh dear, oh dear!

Did you not realise that Freesat (satellite) performs just as $ky but all Freesat channels are FOC.

Obviously, a lot of the $ky channels are encrypted and therefore unobtainable without subscription.

With a Humax Freesat dish and receiver you could be watching all the mainline channels (BBC 1 BBC 2 ITV Chan 4 & 5 etc) as far south as the Pyrenees and into Spain if you have a big enough dish!.

Freeview is what you pick up in the UK with an aerial (long thing with stickyout bits). You may just get it near the French channel ports but not much further.

Can't see how you picked it up in Holland, were you using an aerial or a dish?

Vin Blanc

Edited by Vin Blanc

It is sometimes better to say nothing and be thought a fool, than to speak out and have it proven!

Frontera 3. 2L V6 4x4 tugging Compass Magnum Classic 540 (quite easily!)

Tripod mounted 57cm "Arcon Multi" prime focus dish - Humax Foxsat HD Recorder.

No Vin, it is Freesat I get in Holland just didn't know that freesat was as available as sky sort of thing and have never bothered with taking the Humax anywhere else than Holland. Daft I know but I genuinely had no idea. Mind you at my age a remote control can be a bit high tech!

CARPE DIEM

Mind you at my age a remote control can be a bit high tech!

Welcome to the club! :(

What size dish are you using?

Vin Blanc

It is sometimes better to say nothing and be thought a fool, than to speak out and have it proven!

Only 86 but not upgrading until we know the outcome of the February changes to channel distribution via the sats.

CARPE DIEM

Only 86 but not upgrading until we know the outcome of the February changes to channel distribution via the sats.

V wise there is speculation that alignment of Astra 2E may differ from previous. It may be several weeks before it all settles down.

See

http://www. satelliteforcaravans. co. uk/newsat. htm.

Latest update 21 Jan

Also check sellers spec carefully, some unscrupulous ones quote the height of an offset dish instead of the width, which is the relevant size.

It gets complicated, if we ignore Sky dishes (noticeably wider than high) which are really only relevant in UK, the usual offset dishes are about 10 % higher than wide. But since the view of them from both the satellite & the LNB are circles of diameter equal to dish width, that is the important dimension.

David

Edited by Swizz

Swizz

Yes, what you have there Agzy is what is widely known as and classed as an 80 cm off-set dish (ignore the height).

I found out recently that Satellite Superstore are currently marketing their 80cm transparent dish as an 85cm. It's just a rather underhand way of making people think that they are getting a bigger dish.

Anyway, your 80cm dish might just get you about as far as the south of France at the moment but this may change for the worse once Astra 2E lights up later in the month.

Vin Blanc