An Evening With The Elddis Team.

AWanderingLancastrian

Hi to Admin. When is the next "Open Evening" going to be?

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Their out buying tin helmets first?

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Dave

A nuclear bunker might be a better option!

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

They are indeed conspicuous by their absence, if there are issues they should be publicly addressing them and not hiding away. I was interested in another Elddis product but this is putting me right off, if there is a known problem why can't the affected units be recalled and fixed similar to manufacturing faults on cars. Doing this would enhance their reputation and lead to positive comments about the company. Just look at the number of views of these posts, this forum has great power to consumers and they should realise that.

Mercedes GLC 250d towing a 2015 Bailey Unicorn Valencia

Dave

Hi Dave. I believe that they know what they are about to face and Ear Defenders would probably be a worthwhile investment and perhaps the whole of the contents (416 ) of the locked post sent out recorded delivery and in both Braille & Moon.

Large Print might also be an added benefit for those that are not familiar with Braille and Moon.

There has been a great deal of Skimming, Scanning and Reading going on of late and I am beginning to wonder if it is supported by a calculator.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

. ...". if there are issues they should be publicly addressing them and not hiding away.

Guffaw !! Really cracked me up that one.

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

Hi to Admin. When is the next "Open Evening" going to be?

Why should Elddis even bother to participate in one ever again? Before anyone say's it might enhance their reputation, no company is going to come onto a public forum for it to turn into a slanging match and everyone airing their dirty linen.

It might help if they did issue some sort of statement, but at the end of the day the buck stops with the dealer.

Believe me, some dealers drag their feet when it comes to warranty work, but at the end of the day, it's your van, you demand what you want done.

Even better if you have finance on it, threaten to stop paying and see how quick the finance company get involved and how quick the van will be repaired.

Why should Elddis even bother to participate in one ever again? Before anyone say's it might enhance their reputation, no company is going to come onto a public forum for it to turn into a slanging match and everyone airing their dirty linen.

It might help if they did issue some sort of statement, but at the end of the day the buck stops with the dealer.

Believe me, some dealers drag their feet when it comes to warranty work, but at the end of the day, it's your van, you demand what you want done.

Even better if you have finance on it, threaten to stop paying and see how quick the finance company get involved and how quick the van will be repaired.

But swift do, they put themselves out there, take all the bashing, and generally only intervene when something gets too personal. Hats off to them, they hide from nothing.

But swift do, they put themselves out there, take all the bashing, and generally only intervene when something gets too personal. Hats off to them, they hide from nothing.

Well I haven't exactly seen them doing a question and answer session on here. They may well do on swift talk, but certainly not on this forum.

People have demanded what they want done, and dealers have done there job and put in warranty claims only to be rejected by the manufacturer under a pathetic excuse that it was down to pot holes.

As regarding Elddis not coming on here, I started a thread a long time ago, regarding problems with heating in our new Avante van. It turned it a large thread, with many a disgruntled CT member coming on stating there dissatisfaction with the heating. What did Elddis do," nothing" what did WHALE do, the heating manufacturer . They got pro active,they either pm a individual member,or put a please contact message under a members post. The result, was to my knowledge every members problem was resolved, at a great cost to Whale may I add. In my case a gentleman from Whale took a plane from Ireland 3 times and came to my house and fixed the problem. The Result,every owner happy, more important, many many post stating what fantastic customer service that Whale give and restored faith in a company involved in the caravan industry.

As regarding people Airing there dirty linen. I have never posted on Ct, with many a problem thinking I'm Airing my dirty linen, I have come on here, like many others looking for help and advise. I can give one example of another members woes, he has severe cracks on his van were he paid nearly £27000 . The dealer had put in a claim,it took the manufacturer nearly 6 months to agree they would do the repair. That was last September, since then the roof has started leaking and other problems which is resulting in the van being unusable . He has e mailed the company,tried phoning them with the dealer only to be ignored. He has now had to advise them that he is starting legal proceedings. He has now been contacted by the manufacturer giving him a date for the repair and what is going to be done. WHY has it to be this long drawn out problem. Now that member has shown his frustration and distress by coming on to the forum. He has received support from other members and he has been able to help others who our going through the same problems. Is that not what this forum is about, I would like to think so. Scoobz

I was recently chatting with a Land Rover Sales Director who owns a 2013 Elddis Crusader and has been plagued with heating/hot water problems but was getting nowhere with Elddis so contacted Whale - they flew an engineer over from Ireland and fixed it straight away - he was very impressed with Whale but not so much with Elddis :(

He has had 2 new crusaders in the last 4 years but unlikely to buy another now :rolleyes:

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o

Well I haven't exactly seen them doing a question and answer session on here. They may well do on swift talk, but certainly not on this forum.

They're not on here because of well documented problems, but their own forum goes way above and beyond. Courage and commitment.

I still maintain that a lot of dealers create problems regarding warranty claims. I had a problem with my last van, the dealer put in a claim to Elddis and told me they would be in touch as soon as they had heard back from them.

Two months went by, so I contacted the dealer who told me they still hadn't heard anything. So I contacted Elddis, who could inform me that they had received no such claim from my dealer.

Armed with this info, I had a right go at the dealer and their response, "it must have got mislaid". I won't tell you my response otherwise I'll be banned, but do I blame Elddis for this? No

With regards to yours and others heating problems, is that Elddis's fault? No, it's the manufacturer of the heating (Whale's) problem, Elddis didn't make that.

It's the same if your fridge suddenly stops working, is that Elddis's fault? No.

If your microwave just packs up, is that Elddis's fault? No it's not, because they are all fixtures and fittings by other manufacturers.

Before anyone says it, most of the manufacturers fit the same appliances i. e heating, cooking and refrigeration so it's not just exclusive to Elddis.

The cracked panels are a different matter though, as they are obviously not fit for purpose, and I do think that Elddis need to get to grips with this one. The pothole excuse is pretty lame to be honest.

Do Elddis make these themselves though?. I'm not sure. If they don't then I think they need to change their supplier pretty damn quick.

They're not on here because of well documented problems, but their own forum goes way above and beyond. Courage and commitment.

Fair play to them then.

My point is about the manufacturer taking responsibility and ownership.

I didn't buy a Bosch starter motor, I bought a ford mondeo, with a whole range of component parts inside which ford have to take responsibility for all working together. I don't expect my dealer to tell me to ring Bosch, nor does the dealer ring Bosch. Ford take responsibility then presumably behind the scenes and away from our attention, they take it up with Bosch.

Somebody tell me any other industry that doesn't work in this way, so why caravans?

Hi Valley Commando. What exactly do you mean by your use of the phrase "dirty linen" ?

If you are referring to the publication on this forum of their individual grievances and their experiences of lethargic lacklustre dealers, dealers that in some cases are no longer customer friendly dealer,then I am sorry that is not dirty linen.

If you really need updating on dirty linen then just walk down to your nearest newsagents and splash some money out on some of the daily comics!!!

I notice from your profile that you have only been a subscribed forum member since 11th January 2012,that in-itself might have precluded you from knowing the history as to why the people from Swift are seldom,if indeed ever are seen on this forum.

It was the starting up of SwiftTalk that afforded the contributors on this forum that had Swift Group products or were thinking of shifting their investments of monies over to Swift Group products to have a dedicated company run and managed forum.

In some cases a number of people that were disgruntled and for what ever reason were unhappy with the products were seemingly and continually having their input moderated and in some cases I understand that they were totally removed.

As far as your comment that the buck stops with the dealer,I am afraid that is not strictly nor necessarily accurate. Further more,there is a good case for dealers prevaricating in the hope that you will give up,leave them alone and cease to bother them in the future. A very very short sighted and totally stupid strategy.

The current issues with Elddis/The Explorer Group and of one issue in particular have reached a stage of almost Hari Kari proportions. Indeed this forum represents only a relatively small number of owners of Elddis/Explorer Group products,the real magnitude of the issues will most likely never be realised. The current and most prolific one has been around since the early part of 2002 after a model change and the reconfiguration of floor plans.

In my opinion for what it is worth,Elddis/The Explorer Group should/could take the stance that The Swift Group have taken and create an Elddis/Explore Group dedicated on-line forum,just as The Swift Group have carried out.

Finally, as for your "Advice" about 'threatening to stop payments'. That has got to be the craziest piece of advice that anyone could offer up as either a defence or an attack strategy. That is the last thing that one does.

The best line of approach would be a carefully and informative formal letter of notification to the effect of your dissatisfaction with the situation. Send it out recorded/signed for and keep copies of all resultant communications.

I didn't buy a Bosch starter motor, I bought a ford mondeo, with a whole range of component parts inside which ford have to take responsibility for all working together. I don't expect my dealer to tell me to ring Bosch, nor does the dealer ring Bosch. Ford take responsibility then presumably behind the scenes and away from our attention, they take it up with Bosch.

Somebody tell me any other industry that doesn't work in this way, so why caravans?

Yes I agree that the caravan industry is still stuck in the dark ages, but they can't be blamed when components that they have bought in fail. They can't just go to another supplier either because there are very few who make appliances and components for caravans.

It certainly needs a major overhaul in the way the caravan industry works though.

Yes I agree that the caravan industry is still stuck in the dark ages, but they can't be blamed when components that they have bought in fail. They can't just go to another supplier either because there are very few who make appliances and components for caravans.

It certainly needs a major overhaul in the way the caravan industry works though.

Yes they can be blamed, they have to take responsibility. They should have QA, product testing, teeth, penalties, and preserve their reputation by taking suppliers to task. They opt for an easy life by passing responsibility on, and so successfully educate customers into having empathy.

Hi Abh. :goodpost: :goodpost: . This is one in the same point that I have maintained all the way along and throughout my multiple posts on the long running and locked post about the cracks/splits/creases.

Taking ownership of an issue/defect in design and or manufacture is the one and only step for moving forward and above all,repairing and retaining customer relations.

There is clearly an underlying cause (cause & effect) and I firmly believe that it is as a direct result of torsional twisting and flexing of the chassis and the transmission of shock-waves up and into the body shell.

The shorter single axle variants do not appear to be troubled with the same issues that the longer single axle and a great-many of the twin axle variants suffer with.

If the longer single axle and the twin axle chassis had proportionately stouter rails and were cross-braced with equally stouter cross-rails then the would most certainly be a greatly reduced propensity to torsional twisting and the subsequent damages.

Hi Valley Commando. What exactly do you mean by your use of the phrase "dirty linen" ?

If you are referring to the publication on this forum of their individual grievances and their experiences of lethargic lacklustre dealers, dealers that in some cases are no longer customer friendly dealer,then I am sorry that is not dirty linen.

If you really need updating on dirty linen then just walk down to your nearest newsagents and splash some money out on some of the daily comics!!!

I notice from your profile that you have only been a subscribed forum member since 11th January 2012,that in-itself might have precluded you from knowing the history as to why the people from Swift are seldom,if indeed ever are seen on this forum.

It was the starting up of SwiftTalk that afforded the contributors on this forum that had Swift Group products or were thinking of shifting their investments of monies over to Swift Group products to have a dedicated company run and managed forum.

In some cases a number of people that were disgruntled and for what ever reason were unhappy with the products were seemingly and continually having their input moderated and in some cases I understand that they were totally removed.

As far as your comment that the buck stops with the dealer,I am afraid that is not strictly nor necessarily accurate. Further more,there is a good case for dealers prevaricating in the hope that you will give up,leave them alone and cease to bother them in the future. A very very short sighted and totally stupid strategy.

The current issues with Elddis/The Explorer Group and of one issue in particular have reached a stage of almost Hari Kari proportions. Indeed this forum represents only a relatively small number of owners of Elddis/Explorer Group products,the real magnitude of the issues will most likely never be realised. The current and most prolific one has been around since the early part of 2002 after a model change and the reconfiguration of floor plans.

In my opinion for what it is worth,Elddis/The Explorer Group should/could take the stance that The Swift Group have taken and create an Elddis/Explore Group dedicated on-line forum,just as The Swift Group have carried out.

Finally, as for your "Advice" about 'threatening to stop payments'. That has got to be the craziest piece of advice that anyone could offer up as either a defence or an attack strategy. That is the last thing that one does.

The best line of approach would be a carefully and informative formal letter of notification to the effect of your dissatisfaction with the situation. Send it out recorded/signed for and keep copies of all resultant communications.

I'll tell you what I mean by dirty linen, can you imagine what would happen if Elddis did an open evening at the moment? It would just turn into a free for all slanging match. I have read quite a few posts on here recently where some people give you the impression that they would complain if a screw was slightly out of line.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Elddis in anyway, just looking at it from a different perspective, and you've got to agree, some people will moan about the slightest thing.

The threatening to stop payment comment came from finance I had on a vehicle a couple of years ago. Notice I said threat to stop paying, I didn't actually stop paying, but it worked. I was getting nowhere with the dealer to resolve a problem on the vehicle, so I put it in the finance company's hands and told them to sort it out or I would stop the payments until it was sorted.

The car was back at the dealers the following morning finally having the repair done.

By the way, I have congratulated Swift to another poster on here.

I'll tell you what I mean by dirty linen, can you imagine what would happen if Elddis did an open evening at the moment? It would just turn into a free for all slanging match. I have read quite a few posts on here recently where some people give you the impression that they would complain if a screw was slightly out of line.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Elddis in anyway, just looking at it from a different perspective, and you've got to agree, some people will moan about the slightest thing.

The threatening to stop payment comment came from finance I had on a vehicle a couple of years ago. Notice I said threat to stop paying, I didn't actually stop paying, but it worked. I was getting nowhere with the dealer to resolve a problem on the vehicle, so I put it in the finance company's hands and told them to sort it out or I would stop the payments until it was sorted.

The car was back at the dealers the following morning finally having the repair done.

By the way, I have congratulated Swift to another poster on here.

The problem Commando, is that, what will work?

If I was in the shoes of rooster or muddy, I would apply so many different pressures in as many ways as I can, because I would be so angry about my 'hard earned' being taken for granted. And for being ignored so much. It just doesn't happen in any other walk of life.

Threat of finance works, they used to be on my back regularly, but I would be in all media, as well as chasing manufacturer and dealers as much as possible.

Caravans are pleasure givers, dreams, holidays, retirement, and we are 'sold' those dreams in the blurb and shows. Customers take out major finance, spend inheritances, and work hard to enjoy downtime. There are no excuses, and I believe swift are the only ones that appreciate that.

Withholding payment is a sure way to get credit rating trashed and lose any sympathy in law :(

I hardly think leaking roof and windows with creases in shell on a 3 year old caravan that cost £22k are slightest things to moan about or 7 months to honour warranty claim!

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o

There are some good points mentioned in these posts but with regard to Elddis having an open meeting turned into a slanging match would be of their own doing, people are frustrated to the point of pulling their hair out because of the disgusting treatment, talk about knocking your head against a brick wall!

I have gone down every avenue from dealer to manufacturer, insurance claims back to manufacturer only to be fobbed off with more pathetic excuses.

I now have to go down the SAGA route, It should not have got to this stage if dealing with a reputable

company.

There are some good points mentioned in these posts but with regard to Elddis having an open meeting turned into a slanging match would be of their own doing, people are frustrated to the point of pulling their hair out because of the disgusting treatment, talk about knocking your head against a brick wall!

I have gone down every avenue from dealer to manufacturer, insurance claims back to manufacturer only to be fobbed off with more pathetic excuses.

I now have to go down the SAGA route, It should not have got to this stage if dealing with a reputable

company.

Hi Steve. Do you mean SAGA or SoGA??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure: I was wondering whether because Elddis/The Explorer Group really have become a SAGA that it might have been a Freudian slip with intent ;) .

I believe that Elddis/The Explorer Group have created a very very smelly can of worms that will not need the lid removing,it will blow sooner or later just like a very badly dented can of tinned food stuffs :ph34r: .

I wonder just how long it will be before someone goes in through the back-door and really surprises the ones that appear to be sitting oh so comfortable,just like an unexpected intruder whilst you are busy watching the TV or otherwise occupied? B)

Edited by TheTravellingRooster