Lunar 524 Tv Points

mynanny2

Hi

We are thinking of buying our 1st Lunar the 524 but don't like where the TV points are, near the front chest of drawers and on the worktop near the sink ( silly place to site a TV). We would like one on the table between the front seat and the dinette, below the cupboard that houses the curtain for the bunks. Does anyone know if its easy to move it or is it not a good idea to try it.

Thanks

Margaret

Are you sure there's not one there already Margaret?

I say that because our 464 has three TV points, two the same as you describe and a third below the nearside rear dinette seat. If ours has three then I would've thought a 524 would have three too.

BTW Lunar are launching another Quasar layout at the NEC Show, I thought I'd best mention it just in case it turns out to be better for you than the 524. They've not given any clues as to the layout, except to say it's a 'family van'. I s'pose it might be the 556 again, which they dropped from the range last Autumn.

I

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

It's difficult to tell from the photo of the Quasar 524 on the Lunar website, but it appears that the TV aerial is on the same side of the caravan as the table you are talking about - if that's the case, then it seems likely that adding another aerial point and 230V socket should not be too difficult. If you can't do it yourself, check with the supplying dealer that they can add it as an extra (at a cost!) It does seem rather strange that Lunar don't put a TV point or socket there already but the photos seem to confirm that.

John M

2017 Skoda Superb Estate 2. 0 Tdi 190; 2014 Swift Challenger 530SE + Powrtouch Evolution

Is there a TV amplifier in this model? It will be connected in between the aerial and TV connection sockets, if you have one, check how many ports it has. If it has one spare then it'll be a reasonably straightforward job to connect a suitably long piece of TV coaxial cable from the amplifier to where you need to plug your TV in.

The simplest installation will be just that, a coax extension lead. Cost: about £5. It won't be pretty but it'll work.

For a slightly more professional finish, you could wire the coax into a TV connector facia plate, something like this W4 unit: http://www. w4limited. com/detailpages/W4_21224A. html with an associated surround: http://www. w4limited. com/detailpages/W4_21241A. html, and mount it wherever you need it. You'll likely need to a hole for the facia plate so only attempt this if you have a drill with a hole saw!

The aerial and TV amp. are usually in the wardrobe, which in the 524 is in the rear washroom. Presumably the aerial lead to the front TV socket runs up the offside of the van somewhere and therefore you could presumably T into it as it runs past the relevant cupboard.

The Clubman ES, which has a similar layout, has a proper TV/240V point fitted in the angle at the front/sidewall junction of the cabinetry, just like in the kitchen opposite.

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies. I know the Lunar 524 doesn't have a TV point where we want it as the salesman confirmed it. And yes we could have another one fitted when we place an order for a new one but we were hoping to get a demo model when dealers start reducing them to get the 2015 models in so we'd need to put the extra TV point in ourselves. But thanks for the tips about connecting to the existing TV point I'll get my other half to look into this.

If an extra TV point is fitted to a new van I doubt that it's done at the factory, it'll be the dealer doing it. There's no reason why they can't do it to a uaed/demo model.