Quest Rollaway

SteveMilner

Does anyone have one of these, or know where I can view one in or around West Yorkshire?

http://www. questleisure. com/index. php/products/snowdon/78-information/118-the-rollaway

Regards,

Stephen

Olympus II 620-6 & Mitsubishi Shogun

Follow us on FacebookInstagram and Twitter

I'm sure that Yorkshire caravans of Bawtry sell them. Try 01302 710366.

2020 VW Touareg R line towing 2019 VIP 565 with powertouch mover.

YC sell the Rolli, I saw it last year and was impressed, but decided to hang on another year. Glad I did, I think the new Rollaway is a better thought out and more flexible design.

I have had a response from Quest on their Facebook page, and the new "Rollaway" isn't available until March, but till be on display at the NEC & Manchester shows at the end of Feb.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Stephen, we have got the Quest Rolli awning & have owned it for nearly 4 years ( May 2010).

we mainly like it for its ease of erection & its strength. The roof can be put up in 5 minutes & is extremely sturdy, the 3 walls can be put up in any combination & when all are connected & pegged down can be relied on in storm force winds.

The quality of the material in our version is very high & it is actually cooler in the awning on a hot day than outside.

We accidentally came across the Quest stand at the NEC show in October & the version that you are considering was on display. We were shown it by a very helpful guy who I seem to remember from the Rolli video on you tube.

We were most impressed by the flexibility of this new version & if ours wasn't still like new might have bought one, there are definitely a few good improvements over ours. Only downside we could see was that the material for the walls seemed more lightweight, possibly a cost saving ?.

I have added a few photos of the Rolli, 1st one was when we had the Coachman & the awning was actually bought for that van, it could really do with being a bit longer on the Lunar but it is ok for us two & seats 4 people around our table easily if we have to stay inside. I bought an inner tent for it last Autumn & my son & his wife slept in it quite comfortably while we had the grandkids in the van with us.

Nearly forgot to mention, we bought ours from Glossop caravans, we had a few minor niggles on our 1st trip with it to Italy & Quest were absolutely outstanding, a phone call one day resulting in new parts delivered the following day at no cost - excellent.

post-44915-0-90446300-1389889159_thumb.jpg

post-44915-0-20791100-1389889255_thumb.jpg

post-44915-0-89079400-1389889301_thumb.jpg

post-44915-0-75414800-1389889340_thumb.jpg

post-44915-0-09359400-1389889398_thumb.jpg

post-44915-0-45630800-1389889805_thumb.jpg

Edited by stevew1

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

Nearly forgot to mention, we bought ours from Glossop caravans, we had a few minor niggles on our 1st trip with it to Italy & Quest were absolutely outstanding, a phone call one day resulting in new parts delivered the following day at no cost - excellent.

Thanks for the mention Steve!

Hi Stephen. I work for Glossop Caravans, and would just like to confirm we do indeed still sell the Quest Rollaway. Give us a call.

Thanks for the mention Steve!

Hi Stephen. I work for Glossop Caravans, and would just like to confirm we do indeed still sell the Quest Rollaway. Give us a call.

Do you mean the Quest Rolli?

As I understand it the Rollaway isn't available yet.

Regards,

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Sorry its taken a few days - been a bit busy with the Event city show coming up.

I asked our awning dept when I saw this thread, and the told me they sell them. Now, I am affraid to say that I don't know much about awnings, the caravans are my area. Just give our awning dept a call, I'm sure they will know.

Hi Stephen

We at Lowdhams have not yet decided to put one on display due to poss lack of space, however I have rung Quest and they are expecting a delivery around 2/3 week of Feb, they would hope to have them on display at the NEC show .

Thanks regard Steve T

Hi Steve T.

I'm very close to Lowdhams, so if you do decide to put one up, drop me a PM and I'll be round.

I'm planning on visiting NEC or Manchester as quest tell me they are displaying at both, but to be honest that would be the only reason I would be going to the shows, so if I could get a look at one more locally that would be perfect.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen

Will drop you a line should we put one up, always a difficult thing knowing what to allocate shrinking display space to

Steve

Too late, sorry.

Ordered one from the Manchester show today.

Regards,

Stephen

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered one yesterday at the NEC. They are now in stock

Edited by slavedriver

Got mine on Monday.

It was delivered to storage, so I haven't been out to check it out yet, but it will get a field test this coming week.

Regards,

Stephen

• 2 weeks later...

Edit:

Mods, please delete post, decided to start a new thread.

Edited by SteveMilner

• 3 months later...

Just as an update to this.

When cleaning my van this last weekend, I moved the canopy bag out of the way and noticed some dents where the awning poles locate onto the van side.

Needless to say I am unhappy about this.

I have contacted Quest and asked them what they intend to do.

Perhaps these are not for Alutec vans, but I will keep people updated on Quest's response.

Regards,

Stephen

Hi Stephen.

i do not think this is just subjective to the alutech vans .

the old quest elite roli that i have now sold on put one small dent in the centre of my van which is just the alloy skin .

i took out the hard plastic cntres that where there to protect the van from pole damage and used these instead.

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/like/170937609220?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3. 0. 0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

i do understand that you should not have to go to these extremes but for the price perhaps worth thinking about.

mike

KIA SORENTO KX3 2012 Bailey Pageant Limousin SERIES 7 1700 kg

volvo xc70 D5 se

I've been speaking to Quest, and to be fair they are being supportive.

The have informed me that the Rollaways plastic centres are backed by melamine squares to distribute the load.

I've yet to go back and check (as suggested) that these are in place. If they aren't I guess I have a faulty awning.

If they are then I might need to rethink. The dents are (from memory) circular and could have possible been made by my old awning when I nearly lost it in bad winds in Anglesey a couple of years back, and just not noticed before.

More checking needed.

I'll keep those pole suckers in mind.

Regards,

Stephen

There are the melamine squares in place, and looking further the dents are circular, and one of them is several inches away from where the pole locates in the Rollaway.

These dents must have been caused by my old awning!

Regards,

Stephen

Absolutely.

Like all of these things they are a pig to get into the rail in the first place, but once done the flexibility and ease of use are great.

From my point of view they are as good as porch awning in that they have poles and pads to seal on the van side, which I've never found perfect, but since I mainly used a porch awning then I was used to that.

I've yet to set it up as a full awning, and to be honest I'd only be likely to do this during our main summer break. This year in Millau I'm expecting just to use it as a canopy, or perhaps with a side in or so for a bit of privacy,

Put the canopy out for a day or two is so quick and easy. It takes no more than 5 minutes for 2 people to get the initial legs and poles in place, it's then a one man job for the next 5 minutes adding other poles and a few guy ropes for stability in wind.

Regards,

Stephen

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Stephen

Would you on the whole recommend this product ??

Steve

I have have used ours 5 times since April and are very pleased. Its so flexible

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

We have a 2012 Bailey Rimini and thinking of getting this awning instead of an inflatable 390. I think we will go for the 4mtr version.

Slavedriver, have you found any problems with it at all with regard to using it on this model van. I think i saw somewhere that it covers the awning light but i don't see how? also we intend using it all year round. Do you think it would be suitable for this?

Thanks,

David.

Edited by rominyogi

We bought ours this year and haven't used it in anger for any length of time but will in three weeks time. Fitting went quite well but when fitted found the roof had been packed badly and was damaged, contact to suppliers who promised a fast replacement, was contacted by the manufacturer who apologised and gave me a day and time for delivery, new roof part came as promised, really good customer service and the quality of this product is excellent. A big well done to Quest and all concerned, I write this to give all others like myself who were in doubt confidence to buy one. A tip from me and only because the replacement was a roof only, take the rigid bar off before fitting the roof to the caravan awning rail, so much easier, then easy to slide rigid bar back on, have fun everyone.

As an aside and ref another thread perhaps Elddiss and others could learn from this.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room. B)

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend.