Halohodge

I have Paintseal applied to my nearly new caravan, understand what it does and are very pleased with the results, what I want to know, does the coating seal the gaps etc. in the bodywork with the coating, just wondered if it improves the water tightness, always concerned about damp and just wondered if this gives added protection. B)

Swift Fairway pulled by a Ford Mondeo 2. 0 Business Edition 5 door hatchback

Adventure before Dementia

A paint sealant is only a thin coating applied to the paintwork to protect it. This then cures and goes hard, so we'd avoid coating over any sealer joints, or gaps as the sealer stays flexible and soft for a reason. Plus it would need to be pretty thick to sit into any gaps. So to echo Screenman, No.

Edited by Tourershine

Ok, thanks for quick reply.

Swift Fairway pulled by a Ford Mondeo 2. 0 Business Edition 5 door hatchback

Adventure before Dementia

• 3 weeks later...

We had it done on our last two vans and although I can't knock it as it seemed to make it easier to clean the van, we haven't had the current van done and now I can't see it actually made any difference. Won't bother in future. £399 is a lot of pitch payments. ;)

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

Had it done when the van was new 2yrs ago. Any black streaks just wipe off now.+ after all this rain the van has a lovely shine.

Rated very highly in our house. It came as part of the deal with the van. Otherwise I doubt that I would have paid £400

to have it done at the time. ;):)

van Bessacar 625 towed by Mercedes M class 3. 2 cdi.

we do 6mths at home (winter) 6mths touring (summer)

Retired & loving it.--------- :D Adventure before Dementia. :P

Had it done when the van was new 2yrs ago. Any black streaks just wipe off now.+ after all this rain the van has a lovely shine.

Rated very highly in our house. It came as part of the deal with the van. Otherwise I doubt that I would have paid £400

to have it done at the time. ;):)

Do not forget to top it up if you are keeping the van, also never use a TFR on it. I feel sad for the many people who pay when buying a car to have a paint sealant applied only to take the car a while later to a hand car wash, which will remove it quite quickly in some cases.