My Piece Of String Isnt That Long...

silverfoxapparently

Is this normal?-

I called a caravan sole trader sales line and asked to speak to a sales person about a new model. They will call the next day im told.

Two day later. Nothing.

Third day I call back. They are all busy at a show, they will call asap.

Fourth, five and sixth day go past.

Eighth day. Try again. All busy but someone will call this afternoon.

Three months later and still no call.

I then decide to email the warranty address to ask specifically about warranty matters of a possible purchase. Not indepth. To the point.

Two days and no reply.

I cant help but wonder if their sales enquiries response times are anything to judge by warranty work lead times.

I am starting to see the murky world of new caravans and the abissmal service what ive been saved from by buying used previously.

Is this really how it is???

Hopefully not everywhere. ..........I would send a recorded delivery letter to them and mention that you are active on caravan forums and will be reacting to whatever they do. ..........

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Vote with your feet.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Hopefully not everywhere. ..........I would send a recorded delivery letter to them and mention that you are active on caravan forums and will be reacting to whatever they do. ..........

geoff

Nah!

Wouldn`t waste my time or the cost of a stamp.

The day when we have to beg a dealer to let us buy a caravan hasn`t arrived yet and isn`t likely to in my lifetime.

Nah!

Wouldn`t waste my time or the cost of a stamp.

The day when we have to beg a dealer to let us buy a caravan hasn`t arrived yet and isn`t likely to in my lifetime.

I had misread the posting and didn't realise that he hadn't got the 'van. ........therefore agree with you. .......

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

If i was looking to buy a new model and was treated like that I would look elsewhere as there are plenty more dealers about.

The incredible thing is that this particular manufacturer dont have dealers.

Im impressed business is so unimportant during a recession. ..

Im going to give it till friday before naming.

And then another manufacturer can have my £30k. ...

I'd go elsewhere if it's really too tiring to return a call or email!

Compass Shadow 1988

If that's how they treat potential sales, imagine if you had an issue which needed sorting. Go elsewhere, I say.

I had a similar experience with Discover Caravans, and we all know where they ended up!!! We walked past 3 sales staff who were chatting and laughing around a table. Not one of them could be bothered to acknowledge our existence.

David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

Is this normal?-

I called a caravan sole trader sales line and asked to speak to a sales person about a new model. They will call the next day im told.

I am starting to see the murky world of new caravans and the abissmal service what ive been saved from by buying used previously.

Is this really how it is???

What a puzzling (first) post. Caravan Sole Trader who sells something no-one else does? Perhaps you could tell us who? I don't think the new caravan world is murky, most dealers are keen and obliging.

Edited by henrypartridge

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

You wait three months for someone to phone you so that you can buy a caravan off them!!! I am surprised you

have had so many sensible replies! I would not have waited three days!!

Plenty of reliable dealers around, including (Essex???) :rolleyes:

Edited by gravon42

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

We've probably all been their at one time or another.

There was a recent thread about peoples experiences of being ignored in car showrooms and a now defunct business that used to sell Eribas was legendary among enthusiasts for ignoring potential buyers and even being outright rude to them at shows.

There's also the other side of the story where salespeople won't give you space and leap on you like vultures as soon as you set foot on their premises or on their display area/stand.

I recall a visit to a very big motorhome dealer nearly 10 years ago where a group of suited salesmen were standing in a huddle in the display ground obviously enjoying their own company and not the customers. As we passed one made a sort of mocking comment for his colleagues admiration along the lines of 'come on you punters we're here and happy to take your money', which caused the gaggle to break out into cackles of delight. The fact that probably 20 or so parties of potential customers were within earshot didn't seem to worry them.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Plenty of reliable dealers around, including (Essex???) :rolleyes:

Yes, indeed. We have bought two caravans from one who have been a delight to deal with.

We thought we would look into a new product and find out what happens with warranty work, etc.

But I have now firmly made up my mind to stick with our known local dealer. At least if they did ignore my contact I could drive down in 20mins. ...

The thing what grips me is that I really, really want new ideas in caravanning to succeed, to increase the recovering economy and all that. But I unfortunately think that this lack of service (as read elsewhere) will be their death. A real shame. It wont be my problem now. ..

Go elsewhere, there's plenty nice caravans out there.

Compass Shadow 1988

They're too busy sorting out all the problems on the ones they've already built.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

How does a sole trader have a sales force? Its - a - sole - trader. One person.

Enjoy every minute of every day. It doesn't last nearly as long as you'd like, and there's no guarantee of coming this way again.

I was a sole trader for many years and had employees. It means only one person owns it and it isn't a limited company.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

What the hell is going on with our uk manufacturers,not interested in sales,not interested in sorting long standing manufacturing defects,quality going downhill incuding suppliers, where is the quality control and we still have major design faults (are they employing the right people).

How long before one of the big manfacturers fail

A long time if people keep buying.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

What the hell is going on with our uk manufacturers,not interested in sales,not interested in sorting long standing manufacturing defects,quality going downhill incuding suppliers, where is the quality control and we still have major design faults (are they employing the right people).

How long before one of the big manfacturers fail

With a lack of viable alternative its unlikely to happen soon.

Until the german manufacturers make more british friendly vans (ovens, washrooms), and we buy some unfamiliar and differant (little britain syndrome) there will be no change.

Unfortunately we have become a nation of accepting, non challenging, hope for the best'ers.

If Burstner, Hymer, etc all really targetted the british market they would bring the others to their knees.

Just like British Leyland, Triumph and Rover.

Theres a real gap in our market for a Volvo reliable caravan.

I just wish I could bring myself to owning a Hobby.

Edited by silverfoxapparently

I am glad that we bought our German caravan from Camper UK in Lincoln

Whenever we needed help with any thing they could not faulted

Hyundai Terracan pulling a Burstner Trecento 530 easily
I thought I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, but it was somone with a torch

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard that they have had a major fire :o(

Hyundai Terracan pulling a Burstner Trecento 530 easily
I thought I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, but it was somone with a torch

Just heard that they have had a major fire :o(

Yep not much left there, they were in the process of moving to new premises at Deacon Road (top end of town near hospital) how much they had transfered if any to the new site is unknown and insurance at the old site ? So I am not sure how long it will be before they are up and running again.