Help Need Someone To Tow My Caravan Please

Rigg1

Hi

I have my caravan in storage and I need to tow it to my home as I am selling it.

My car that has the tow bar is in London with my son for a few months and I have viewings in the caravan this week.

Is there anyone in the oxford area that will tow it for me please.

Many thanks

You should check any volunteers insurance. I am sure my insurer would not insure me towing someone else's van.

Take care

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

If the storage site will allow it, why not meet prospective purchasers at the storage site? Not everyone can keep their caravan at home so I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

You should check any volunteers insurance. I am sure my insurer would not insure me towing someone else's van.

Take care

As long as it is not for hire or reward, your insurance company need not be informed provided that towing is not specifically excluded by your policy. Unlikely considering most people on here own caravans. Where exactly are you and when do you need it moving?

Edited by martin1512

Is it just me or is this a wind-up?

You have a tow car in London and live in Oxford - hardly a million miles apart - but you are asking complete strangers to tow your 'van home for you?

Not a route I'd be going down.

2017 BMW 520d GT. 2012 Pegasus Milan

O wad some power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as others see us

It wad frae monie a blunder free us, An' foolish notion.

Hi Livi

No it's not a wind up!!! Why would I take the time to ask for people's help.

My son has taken the car to London but has gone away for a few months traveling . .. As he has taken a lot of stuff ( snowboards etc) with him he has taken my car with the tow bar to fit all his stuff in and left it at the airport. U have another smaller car to use myself!!!!!! I had no idea the man storing my van would be so difficult as to when I can take people to view it and don't want to loose perspective buyers.

Not that I have to explain my situation to you anyway if you havnt got anything nice to say or useful then don't waste your time posting a comment.

I looking for help not people to make stupid remarks!

Hi Martin

I'm looking for someone as soon as soon as Thursday this week or Friday

Hi Livi

My son has taken the car to London but has gone away for a few months traveling . .. As he has taken a lot of stuff ( snowboards etc) with him he has taken my car with the tow bar to fit all his stuff in and left it at the airport. U have another smaller car to use myself!!!!!! I had no idea the man storing my van would be so difficult as to when I can take people to view it and don't want to loose perspective buyers.

Not that I have to explain my situation to you anyway if you havnt got anything nice to say or useful then don't waste your time posting a comment.

Hi Martin

Excuse me for being so stupid.

Your original post stated that your tow car was in London with your son, so it seemed perfectly reasonable to think that it was logical for your son to make the relatively short trip from London to Oxford to do the necessary, rather than having to ask strangers.

Silly me, taking the written word at face value.

Good luck with your sale.

2017 BMW 520d GT. 2012 Pegasus Milan

O wad some power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as others see us

It wad frae monie a blunder free us, An' foolish notion.

Yes but if that was the case then don't you think I would of asked him to do so!

Just caught me by surprise that someone would comment something so negative when all I'm trying to do is sort out an issue.

If there was another way of doing it I would.

Hi Livi

Hi Martin

Calm down --- thats no way to impress people !

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

Yes but if that was the case then don't you think I would of asked him to do so!

Just caught me by surprise that someone would comment something so negative when all I'm trying to do is sort out an issue.

If there was another way of doing it I would.

Please do not be put off from some negative comments, after all you have only made 5 posts. And no one knows your situation ;)

Good luck with getting your van home and sold :)

Edited by kiaboy

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

Why not fetch the car back from the airport?, I am sure it will be safer at your home than left at the airport for several months and will save a considerable sum of money

Why not fetch the car back from the airport?, I am sure it will be safer at your home than left at the airport for several months and will save a considerable sum of money

Unless the lady has all the paperwork can not see the car park releasing the car

david

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

Unbelievable some people they really are. Ignore the nit pickers. ..

If I were nearer I would gladly tow your van for you, sorry I'm not a bit closer.

Good luck with it all. ..

this topic and one of the responders is the main reason i do not frequent this once very friendly forum that much, seems full of arogant people who reply to, in my eyes build up a high posting number/ or just to cause trouble, i wish the lady all the best and hope you get an easy sale, jim

:D:D:D:D the new solid construction 2013 elddis aspire 255 has replaced a 2008 jeep grand cherokee 3. 0 crd overland being chased by a 2011 elddis crusader super sirocco,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, after four elddis caravans it made sence to buy an aspire

this topic and one of the responders is the main reason i do not frequent this once very friendly forum that much, seems full of arogant people who reply to, in my eyes build up a high posting number/ or just to cause trouble, i wish the lady all the best and hope you get an easy sale, jim

Ditto Crusader, sad really (I have started blocking some members for that reason) just pick and choose and when it starts to get silly I move on.

Back on track, good luck with your sale

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

I actually thought it was better this winter than normal in here!

Anyway, insurance wise I would make sure you are covered for another person towing your van, we all know how much insurance companies enjoy taking money but tend not to be so happy when they need to pay out. Their car insurance will only cover them for anything they hit with your van and not any damage that may happen to your van.

I'm a bit far away also so I won't be able to offer to pull your van, sorry :(

Insignia 2.0 SRi pulling a Series 6 Bailey Pageant Vendee gallery_23796_434_10025.jpg

Spare set of keys and hopefully son has left car park ticket in car?

Edit - some of us, me included, have a tendency to jump in too quickly sometimes but if all the facts/history aren't given, then it's to be expected.

So, if I know on this occasion that there's no spare keys (I'm thinking as if it was my car), then I wouldn't jump in with what might appear to be a sarcastic question.

2019 Adria Adora Thames

I did this last year for a member of the forum if i was available I would do it for this member too I am in Southern Spain at the moment otherwise I would be glad to help.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

It would help if people knew the size of caravan that requires towing and weight.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Rigg1 - did you hire a tow car in the end or get your van home at all?

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................