Caravan Cleaning And Maintenance Products.

AWanderingLancastrian

Hi to you all out there. Now that the new season is but on only a short step away and our caravans have been laid-away in storage collecting algae and bird droppings and the inside probably does not smell so sweet I would like some feedback on a range of Caravan Specific products and as to whether they are also usable in and around the home.

The three that I am being directed towards are Fenwicks Caravan Cleaner,Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler and Fenwicks Fendox.

Has anyone any experience of using them.

I have always used Stardrops for cleaning my cars and caravans and Bicarbonate of soda and warm water inside of the caravan for surface cleaning and freshening up in general.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

I used to clean and polish the caravan, now I use caravan cleaner and bobby dazzler.

Bobby Dazzler is interesting it is hydrophobic and repels water, leaving no moisture

for algae to develop on or dust to stick to. I spent one sunday washing and polishing

the caravan, I asked the wife to look it over carefully, she could see no difference after

all the hard work. Fenwicks rule ok

Hi gumdrop. Thank you for your reply. As far as the observations by your good lady wife are concerned,was she suggesting that it was a job that did not need doing :unsure: and that it was just another way of you getting out of doing other things? ;).

The Bobby Dazzler really does sound as though it is a breakthrough in combating the dreaded algae issue and I am lead to believe that it is perfectly safe on the exterior windows and the Heiki roof vents.

After you have used the Fenwicks cleaner,do you still polish the exterior or do you just dry it off?

Do you use the Bobby Dazzler before the cleaner and apply it around the window edges and the awning rails and the other algae traps and then wash the whole caravan with the cleaner?

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Greased Lightning for us. It can be used on any shiny surface, inside the caravan and out and in the home ! I can't remember the last time I got soaking wet cleaning the caravan. Brilliant stuff ! Cleaning the roof is a bit of a challenge though ! ;)

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

Greased Lightning for us. It can be used on any shiny surface, inside the caravan and out and in the home ! I can't remember the last time I got soaking wet cleaning the caravan. Brilliant stuff ! Cleaning the roof is a bit of a challenge though ! ;)

Hi Shirl. Greased lightening,is that a Fenwicks product?

I too am a Greased lightening user for the van and all family cars, but does Booby Dazzler stop the algae forming over winter as although my van was cleaned before the winter it is currently getting noticable for the algae forming and with the current weather situation very little chance of cleaning it off.

Any comments re the combination of the two products would be welcome

Peugeot 5008

Towing 2010 Lunar Quasar 462

We hadn't used our van much this year ( a couple of weeks in France in May where we were almost flooded out) as we had a month in the USA in the autumn. When I went to the storage site last week I was shocked to see how much green algae had formed on it. It was actually rather embarrassing.

Unfortunately the storage site doesn't allow washing and we have no space at home so have taken it down to Broad Lane at Alcester for them to give it a good clean. £60 well spent IMO.

Edited by iansoady

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

Wash, allow to dry off a bit, apply BD, first thing the wife does

is go upstairs and look down on the caravan roof.

BD disperses the water, only a capful or so to a gallon (5ltr.)

Hi Shirl. Greased lightening,is that a Fenwicks product?

:lol: I obviously didn't read you post properly did I !!? Sorry !

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

I use Fenwicks for cleaning then bobby dazzler, I use less than stated with the bobby dazzler, no problems with it, it does what it says on the tin.

I use Fendox too although its now "Waste Pipe and Tank Cleaner" brilliant all round cleaner for the inside (prefered original name)

Also use their Citrus fresh toilet fluids, they're quite good, but didn't like their top n tail toilet stuff

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I use Fenwicks for cleaning then bobby dazzler, I use less than stated with the bobby dazzler, no problems with it, it does what it says on the tin.

I use Fendox too although its now "Waste Pipe and Tank Cleaner" brilliant all round cleaner for the inside (prefered original name)

Also use their Citrus fresh toilet fluids, they're quite good, but didn't like their top n tail toilet stuff

Hi Paul. What was the original name for Fendox?

Just trying to work out what is the difference between Fenwicks caravan cleaner and motorhome cleaner. Apart from price. Here's some bumph I found.

Improved formula for use with motor homes. Construction of motor homes means corrosion inhibitors were introduced to protect steelwork.
Power washers are often used so cleaning activity has been increased.

Safe and economical to use, one bottle will clean an average size caravan up to 40 times.

It will safely remove black streaks, algae, moss, fungus, road and traffic film.
Safe to use on acrylic windows, aluminium, rubber, decals, mastics, sealants etc.
1 litre bottle.
Can I take it from this that the caravan cleaner is stronger than the motor home cleaner because you will be washing the motor home more often? Steel work is mentioned but in't the steel under paint anyway? and why would I need the Fenwick black streak remover product as the cleaning product states it removes them? Hang on a minute jut read this about the black streak remover.
  • Fenwick's Black Streak remover will easily remove black streaks, green algae, road traffic film, diesel fumes and over wintering grime.
  • Black Streak Remover is suitable for cleaning plastics, aluminium, GRP, ABS, fibre-glass, decals, sealants and much more.
  • Can also be used on arrival at the site for waterless spot removal and cleaning of general travel grime.
  • Ideal for use on caravans, motor homes and boats, and is safe for use on all bodywork.

Come on can someone explain why multiple products seem to do the same job??

Hi Paul. What was the original name for Fendox?

Fendox ;)

its now "Waste Pipe and Tank Cleaner"

It's good at getting the drains clean & smelling sweet, its also good on work surfaces & in the fridge etc.

I put some in the rinse for the loo too

loo too? it sounds like a train going past

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Fendox ;)

its now "Waste Pipe and Tank Cleaner"

Hi Paul. Silly me :(. Old age,pills and other non publishable issues :rolleyes:;).

I agree,Fendox certainly sounds as though it at least is a part of the Fenwick family of products.

I have found Silky Cream Cleaner to work wonders. It's been around for decades, but is still the best (www. silkyproducts. uk. com) brilliant for removing black streaks. They do a range of other caravan cleaning stuff too. My Dad is still using a tub bought for christmas in the year 2000!

Used silky cream in the late 70s was good then but new products are easier on my poorly muscles

I have found Fenwicks Over winter stops the van turning green, used the product many years now no problems with green on the van and its parked near trees.

Hi David, after last years long winter Fenwicks had customers ringing the help line as they couldn't shift the overwintering with the cleaner they were using, it turned out that the overwintering they were using wasn't Fenwicks it was a cheaper copy, both the Fenwicks products were made to complement each other so to make removal easy. Cheers rogertwo

I second Silky

Have been using Silky Cream cleaner for years as it gets rid of black marks from under windows and black rubber marks left by bike tyres and aquaroll stuff.

Silky do a powerful deep concentrate cleaner that you can mix up, dilute and use in a weedkiller sprayer. Spray on to remove green mould, algea and muck and rinse off easily with a hose.

They also do a very good cutting compound and a product called Protect which is a polymer sealant to seal up the shiny surface after cutting compounding or after deep cleaning after the winter. Must be done as any deep cleaner will remove polish as well as grime and filth.

www. silkyproducts. com

We used the deep cleaner for the first time last April. Well impressed! Sprayed on and went for a cup of tea. When we came back outside all the muck had fallen off.

Also tried it on our dirty white PVC guttering and it came up a treat.

Silky are all British I believe and are made up in ta Yorkshire I think.

We also got some Silky shampoo and a less agressive cleaner for use after polishing.

Nick