Lunar Financial Position

LancsC

Does anyone know the current financial situation of Lunar? I am contemplating buying a Clubman SI but as Lunar is (I think) a relatively small independent Company I do not want to be in the Avondale/Fleetwood situation where the Company has to go into administration/liquidation and the warranty may be compromised. Yes I know the Dealer I may buy it from is responsible for the warranty but if they cannot obtain unique Lunar parts then there is a problem!

There appears to have been a lot of new lunar vans coming onto sites over the last two years.

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

That how to start a rumour on the internet!

Lunar have been around for years so can't see they have a problem. If you are so worried buy a Swift or a Bailey!!! :D

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

I have not hear of any problems. They have invested in their new ranges in terms of build techniques. If you have a particular concern, go for another brand but if it was me without any form of evidence that there is a problem with the company I would go for the model I wanted.

Edited by sprite

Unless buying direct from a manufacturer I would be more concerned about the financial viability of the dealer.

Unless buying direct from a manufacturer I would be more concerned about the financial viability of the dealer.

Very True. They are more likely to let you down!

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

Does anyone know the current financial situation of Lunar? I am contemplating buying a Clubman SI but as Lunar is (I think) a relatively small independent Company I do not want to be in the Avondale/Fleetwood situation where the Company has to go into administration/liquidation and the warranty may be compromised. Yes I know the Dealer I may buy it from is responsible for the warranty but if they cannot obtain unique Lunar parts then there is a problem!

The same applies to all other brands or manufacturers. As far as I am aware there are no issues with spares etc for Avondale or Fleetwood caravan as most parts are generic to most caravans i. e. Truma spares.

The same applies to all other brands or manufacturers. As far as I am aware there are no issues with spares etc for Avondale or Fleetwood caravan as most parts are generic to most caravans i. e. Truma spares.

Truma, dometic, stoves etc etc are a given.

My worry would be coming back from a major well-known issue like damp. The wallboards, Ali extrusions etc would be very hard to get.

I would also worry about a crash repair, exterior body panels in particular.

Does anyone know the current financial situation of Lunar?

A silly question given that only the directors of Lunar really know the answer and any other comments are just speculation, rumour or even vindictiveness . Why not ask about the financial state of all the companies in our market while we're at it? If you're going to base the decision to purchase on any responses you might get on CT then you're basing it on what could only be ill informed opinion. On that basis no new or smaller operation would ever make a 'go' of building and marketing caravans because only the very biggest would ever get any orders. Let's face it even the biggest boys in some markets have gone bust, so even size isn't a guide to financial stability.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

A very dangerous post, with no basis, it can only lead to damage.

Surprised it's not already been closed down

A silly question given that only the directors of Lunar really know the answer and any other comments are just speculation, rumour or even vindictiveness . Why not ask about the financial state of all the companies in our market while we're at it? If you're going to base the decision to purchase on any responses you might get on CT then you're basing it on what could only be ill informed opinion. On that basis no new or smaller operation would ever make a 'go' of building and marketing caravans because only the very biggest would ever get any orders. Let's face it even the biggest boys in some markets have gone bust, so even size isn't a guide to financial stability.

:goodpost:

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

I believe its fair to say that Lunar have increased their market share over the last 4_5 years and if my 2010 Stellar is anything to go by the build quality has also improved. Have been delighted with our van and going by the numbers I see on sites and speaking to other owners the vast majority think likewise.

Dave formerly DaveBelcanto

All limited companies must provide a return to companies house. This data can be viewed for payment of £1. Whilst the info would be correct for their financial year, the position could of course change, irrespective of the company, it's size and so on.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

I'm not sure slapping down questions of this nature is the right thing to do.

If, of course, posts were starting to become silly and giving rise to concerns for a particular company then maybe the mods should step in but I think while the question may be legitimate, - explore all avenues of information before parting with £20k or so of your hard earned money or entering into a finance agreement - there is not a shred of evidence that the poster has anything to be concerned about and therefore if he wants a Lunar then he should get one.

Stifling any sort of discussion on such matters is likely to fuel rumour rather than quash it.

£3,016,289 Cash

£3,831,598 Net Worth

£9,069,538 Assets

£5,764,393 Liabilities

Latest Accounts 31/08/2012 Category Medium Company Year end 31st August Next Accounts due 31/05/2014. Visit the Accounts tab for previous years, PDF downloads and CSV extracts.

Quick search revealed this so they didn't seem too badly off then, buy away happily!

Thank you all for your posts. Many thanks to sleepyfolk for providing the information I was seeking. I thought somebody out there would have the information.

I asked a question, I did not make any observation/comment/assertion and so I find some of the responses disturbing. If you are contemplating spending around £22,000 I felt it was a legitimate question and am surprised it has not been asked before.

I am content now and as the information requested has been provided I see no further point in carrying on the thread.