Leaky Bathroom Window.

sirjohnfaulkner

I used my 2012 bailey Unicorn Valencia at New Year.

Found water on the wash bag cover lid and on floor where wash bag lives.

It rained whilst I was using the van giving me a chance to trace the leak.

It appears to be coming in from the top rubber seal on the bathroom window then running down to the bottom lip. The bottom appears to seal and the water builds up in the lip then overflows into blind then onto wash bag lid.

Having the window open on first latch prevents more water building up. I assume that the water coming in is not trapped by the seal round the bottom of the window when open slightly.

Sorry for poor description of issue but any owners out there had similar problem.

Ford "FutureTaxi". less bhp than last year, sticky toffy down seat rail. Towing big white box with comfy seats and some steak knives from daughters boyfriend.

My 2011 Valencia has just been in for warranty work on exactly the same snag, but on the kitchen window.

They tightened the hinges up to pull the window in. I have not looked to see how they physically did it, but my best efforts with a hose cannot get it to leak

Freelander 2 chased by a 2011 Unicorn Valencia

I have the same issue on two of my front windows but not all the time, even when its chucking down sometimes its dry and other times I get a small amount of water building up on the bottom of the seal that runs onto the wood if I don't keep an eye on it. Seal looks fine, it doesn't come in at the point where the seal joins together in the centre of the window, it's always by the catch but it does not appear to be blowing in, baffled like you sir John!

Its the profile of the seals, they turn in on their double edge (Especially on the corners) either repositioning of the seal (To touch the window in a different place) or a replacement window seal will cure the problem.

Either way its a small repair. (Just needs doing sooner than later)

Edited by Gaz40

Dry the seals. Put talc on them. Close them and then pour a watering can outside and the talc will tell you where its coming in.

You can use very expensive talc. ....................or from a poundshop!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Thanks for info.

I have had small amount of water on sills of other Windows but assumed it was condensation. Perhaps it is but worth keeping an eye on.

In the bathroom the water seems to well up between the window rubber and the sill then overflows into the blind casing. It doesn't run down the window so I assume it gets in from the top rubber and runs along the inside of the rubber seal where it is trapped. .

I have stolen some Johnson's baby powder from wifelys cosmetic store to test this theory. I assume that a coating over the inside of the rubber seal will show any ingress point.

In the meantime window is open on first latch.

Ford "FutureTaxi". less bhp than last year, sticky toffy down seat rail. Towing big white box with comfy seats and some steak knives from daughters boyfriend.

• 3 weeks later...

Brought one of else, not fitted it yet as van is covered up, but it should fit the rear window. Noticed mine when i was shaving, window open at the time & was raining outside :(

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/Fiamma-Drip-Stop-75-Mini-Door-Gutter-Rain-Deflector-for-Caravan-or-Motorhome-/171226166369

Range Rover Sport 2014

Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril

We have a 2010 Pegasus 534 until last year we have had no problems at all. Then we noticed a small amount of water on the rear bathroom window sill after it had rained. This happened after rain each time. I asked for the service team to check it and they reported they had changed the rubber surround. This did not fix the leak, so back it went. This time they said they had definitely solved the leak. When I asked what had caused it, the engineer pointed to the exterior surround of the window, which the ends joined together above the window and said that's where the rain water was getting in. Why put a surround round a window with the ends joining above the window and not below the window?

RodTheMod P8010399.JPG