Lidl Battery Charger

Carl542dt

Hi

http://www. lidl. co. uk/cps/rde/SID-683FF0A6-040CD8A3/www_lidl_uk/hs. xsl/our-offers-2491. htm?action=showDetail&id=9103

Is this charger suitable for charging 110ah leisure battery

Thanks

Carl

2017 Volvo XC60 D4 AWD 2022 Swift Archway Rockingham 

Thanks

Hi . ... it says in the description . .... suitable 120ah . ......

Cheers

Pete

Mine : Land Rover Defender 90, big, black and shiney.
Polly's : Land Rover Discovery Sport, HSE in Scotia Grey . .......
Towing : A 2011 Coachman Pastiche 545, on the driveway . ....... and now a CT Ninja, too.

Its says suitable for up to 120 ah, but it might take it's time geting there. The downside is if the power is interupted the charger resets to standby not back to recharge like the Ctek charger.

Hi

http://www. lidl. co. uk/cps/rde/SID-683FF0A6-040CD8A3/www_lidl_uk/hs. xsl/our-offers-2491. htm?action=showDetail&id=9103

Thanks

There are many debates on here but I bought exact same model 15 months ago and has done a great job of keeping my 110Ah battery topped up over last winter and this one so far. I take battery off as caravan in storage and battery is in my garage and I hook it up to this charger every 6 weeks or so. It will take a couple of hours to top it up to full power again each time. You could leave it hooked up for longer as will cut in and out as required but I choose the method as described and works for me. Others will come along and feel the C Tek charger is a better proposition, maybe it is but there is a large price difference and this product just works for me.

V V

Powrtouch AWD Movers. E & P Compact Levelling System.

Its says suitable for up to 120 ah, but it might take it's time geting there. The downside is if the power is interupted the charger resets to standby not back to recharge like the Ctek charger.

Agree as above. It will take a LONG time to charge a nearly flat battery as the output is only about 3 to 3 1/2 A, but as it costs a small fraction of anything better I am quite happy to allow for the extra time on the infrequent occasion that it neads using. My solar panel seldom requires any help. Can't remeber when I had the last power cut so that's not worth worrying over.

I just don't feel that the expensive chargers are justified unless they are being used very frequently, or a much faster charge is required.

Edited by micktheshed

3L auto Nissan Terrano, 2004 & Swift Elegance 530, 2018. As Leonardo da Vinci once said: 'If you find from your own experience that something is a fact & it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority & base your reasoning on your own findings' ie: use your common sense!

I've got an older model of these chargers and find it to be very good.

Although I must confess that I only have a couple 60-70Ah starter batteries which have come off cars for my van at the moment.

Have found that my Lidl charger does not like to charge a flat battery . ...just get the standby mode,despite many attempts at button pressing. So give the battery a little boost with a standard charger . ..say about 15 mins. ...then hook up Lidl and all will work slowly until fully charged. This has only happened this year. ..must be getting as cranky as me .

We've had one for about three years. This year is the first year we've taken the caravan battery off and it's sitting there quite nicely being trickled away over at our workshop until it's time to put it back on the caravan again.

It charged up my 110aH starter battery with no probs when I left the interior lights on all night and couldn't start the engine next day.

We've also got an Aldi one which we keep at home for other batteries and that has just spent five weeks looking after my Dad's car battery in situ while he was away.

No complaints whatsoever about either, and they do work quite hard as we also have classic cars. I think the Lidl one is slightly better than the Aldi one (or is that the other way around). Can't check at the moment as one is at the workshop, and I left the others at my Dad's by accident on Friday.

Next time Dad's away, I wlil be able to report on the usefulness (or otherwise) of the Maplin 1. 5 watt solar charger which I bought for £9. 99 before Christmas.

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see (GK Chesterton)

There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong equipment (Alfred Wainwright)

I've been very happy with the Lidl smart charger. It doesn't reset itself like the CTEK one but that doesn't matter to me as the 'van is stored in my garden so in the very unlikely event of a power cut I can easily go and reset it myself. The CTEK costs about three times as much as the Lidl bargain!

John. :)

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, why humiliate him?

Have one and it does what it says with no problems! Three year warrantee as well!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Have found that my Lidl charger does not like to charge a flat battery . ...just get the standby mode,despite many attempts at button pressing. So give the battery a little boost with a standard charger . ..say about 15 mins. ...then hook up Lidl and all will work slowly until fully charged. This has only happened this year. ..must be getting as cranky as me .

my ctek had the same problem.

Good bit of kit for the price plus the REAL three years warranty. Mine developed a problem after nearly three years regular use. They are sending me a replacement as we type.

KB

VW Tiguan 4 Motion pulling our Swift Fairway 500. 100w Solar, Satellite Dish, Led lights, Folding Bikes. Retired. Sorted. :)

Are they available now? Or is it an older model from a while ago?

The one available from Thursday is a newer one as it now includes a digital voltage read out just like the Aldi one. I have used both the Aldi one and a Lidl one and found them excellent for the caravan batteries top up. Although limited to 3/3. 5A output they do manage a 110Ah battery with no problem. If I had lots of money I might buy a Ctek one but its not needed for my use.

Dave

Edited by caraman1

Discovery 4 HSE 2015, Bailey Unicorn S4 Barcelona 2018.
http://www. mycaravan. org. uk/

Thanks for all your input, looks like I will try and purchase on Thursday

Carl

2017 Volvo XC60 D4 AWD 2022 Swift Archway Rockingham 

Thanks for all your input, looks like I will try and purchase on Thursday

You will have to be quick if it's anything like our store as they sell up fast. I have one from Aldi and one from Lidl that I gave my father about 4 months ago had them both for about 3 years so I too will be in Thursday for one.

my ctek had the same problem.

When charging a flat battery these chargers need to be left connected and turned on for several hours as they are working. Eventually the charger will spring into life and show the normal charging lights.

When charging a flat battery these chargers need to be left connected and turned on for several hours as they are working. Eventually the charger will spring into life and show the normal charging lights.

Or you can use a dumb charger or even another battery on it to force some charge into it then the smart charger can take over

I have the Aldi one and can't fault it. I cycle it between 3 batteries and it's currently at work on one too. Also used it on small ones from alarm systems. Great piece of kit for the price.

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

That wasn't my experience. In the end I used a traditional charger to get the battery started,

It was down to about 3v though.

I got one yesterday many were on sale. I charged a battery and it worked fine.

I have a suspect battery and put that on and it told me 11. 9 volt and green light is on, nothing happens.

Pressing the main selection button the motorbike flashed for a second and goes off, it is a low amp 12v battery.

How does the charger tell one a battery is faulty? Is this the way by doing nothing?

Regards, David
Peugeot 308 GT Premium, 1.5 diesel 2021

Bought one, got it charging a car battery @ the moment.

Been on for 12 hours so far, 12. 6 volts from 12. 4, three bars. This is going to be a long process!

Bailey Orion News & Information -