Bailey Pegasus Rimini

agzy

I have the Unicorn Cadiz with twin beds which, other than the washroom, we really like. Because of health problems present washroom not suitable but may have found the solution in the latest Bailey newsletter in the Pegasus Rimini. It looks as though they have taken the good points of Unicorn design and altered some of the bad ones. Washroom with new square shower and improved sink cabinet and shelf. Looks like the toilet holder is now attached to bathroom door which is now of solid wood construction. The kitchen under-sink cupboard is now square and not that rounded lump and a proper row of cupboards above and not that silly see-through 'drinks' cabinet. Ok, it has blown air heating via new Whale boiler and no gas fire instead of Alde, but that might be an advantage as blown air was always acceptable previously. Anyone seen it or been in it and can it be recommended?

CARPE DIEM

While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: pluck the day, put no trust in the future.

Agzy, your post shows again we are all different.

We like the drinks cabinet, we love the rounded under sink cupboard and after having alde heating would not go back to blown air unless we really had too.

We agree the shower would be better filling the space being oblong and the washroom is too tight although we can live with it. I find most of the other makes have the wardrobe opposite the kitchen, which gives a far better bathroom but loose space in the living area.

Overall we are very pleased with the Unicorn Cadiz 2 and would be hard pushed to find anything to replace it at the moment, unless it was a twin axle twin dinette so we could have an end bedroom with a proper sized bed rather than a 4' 4" bed or a cut off in most of the fixed bed vans. We cant pull one with our car so wont be getting one anytime soon.

Kev

Kev H<p>Ford Transit Custom Campervan closely followed by a Lunar Lexon 640

Agzy, your post shows again we are all different.

We like the drinks cabinet, we love the rounded under sink cupboard and after having alde heating would not go back to blown air unless we really had too.

We agree the shower would be better filling the space being oblong and the washroom is too tight although we can live with it. I find most of the other makes have the wardrobe opposite the kitchen, which gives a far better bathroom but loose space in the living area.

Overall we are very pleased with the Unicorn Cadiz 2 and would be hard pushed to find anything to replace it at the moment, unless it was a twin axle twin dinette so we could have an end bedroom with a proper sized bed rather than a 4' 4" bed or a cut off in most of the fixed bed vans. We cant pull one with our car so wont be getting one anytime soon.

Kev

I agree Kev and, as I say in my post we also like the Cadiz very much. The issue with the washroom arises from my wife's back condition which means she has difficulty opening and closing the Cadiz shower door and the shower itself is very restrictive. Coupled with that, the towel rail has a nasty habit of burning her in a sensitive area! If I thought that the Cadiz was to be released with the Rimini bathroom everything would be OK but it is the Alde heating that causes the problem by forcing the designers to fit a round shower and to waste some space. If that can be overcome and a square shower fitted then we would wait for next Autumn and then change but I can't see it happening and the Rimini setup is the only option open to us within the Bailey family. I've only had the van 12 months and can't really afford to change it but as it is, it limits our caravanning to sites with facilities which are not for us as we like rallying and run a THS for a month every year, hence the urgency. Comments appreciated anyway.

CARPE DIEM

While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: pluck the day, put no trust in the future.

I agree Kev and, as I say in my post we also like the Cadiz very much. The issue with the washroom arises from my wife's back condition which means she has difficulty opening and closing the Cadiz shower door and the shower itself is very restrictive. Coupled with that, the towel rail has a nasty habit of burning her in a sensitive area! If I thought that the Cadiz was to be released with the Rimini bathroom everything would be OK but it is the Alde heating that causes the problem by forcing the designers to fit a round shower and to waste some space. If that can be overcome and a square shower fitted then we would wait for next Autumn and then change but I can't see it happening and the Rimini setup is the only option open to us within the Bailey family. I've only had the van 12 months and can't really afford to change it but as it is, it limits our caravanning to sites with facilities which are not for us as we like rallying and run a THS for a month every year, hence the urgency. Comments appreciated anyway.

Give Alde a ring direct. They have almost unlimited fittings, including fan assisted ones. They are very helpful. Various options come to mind, such as - replace the towel rail with the small rad that they do and or have a finned floor mounted rad fitted inside the bed box and a fan assist to vents in the bathroom. No doubt there are others and you would have a warmer bathroom to boot. You can stay overnight at the factory by prior appointment and have the alterations done there. No warranty issues and very good workmanship.

Agree about the circular shower though. What a stupid idea that is. The fitting of a square unit as per Mark 1 Unicorn and the adoption of a composite floor would be the only thing that might tempt SWMBO and I to change. Otherwise i can see us owning this one forever.

Edited by Alan Stanley

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

Hi all,

Please do not hesitate to contact our dedicated heater support team if you have any questions about or issues with your Whale Heating Systems.

Tel: 0845 217 2933

E-mail: ivan@whalepumps. com

We look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,

Aoiffe

Whale Support

• 2 weeks later...

The above reply to my post from Whale was received on Jan 21st and I immediately emailed 'ivan' but to date have not received a reply. On another post I saw the same reply from Whale so I re posted to whale querying the new blown air system and still no reply. Not like Whales usual service which makes me think there might be an issue for ralliers using this system. Hope I'm wrong.

CARPE DIEM