Universal Awning Annex(e)

rikernumber1

Hi All,

Has anyone had any positive or negative experiences with universal awning annexes? I'm thinking of the type currently advertised on eBay:

eBay Link

I've also seen them on http://www. ajmshopping. co. uk in the past, but I can't seem to see them now.

I'm interested in any experiences people have had.

thanks in advance,

Phillip

Hi All,

Has anyone had any positive or negative experiences with universal awning annexes? I'm thinking of the type currently advertised on eBay:

eBay Link

I've also seen them on http://www. ajmshopping. co. uk in the past, but I can't seem to see them now.

I'm interested in any experiences people have had.

thanks in advance,

Phillip

Hi Phillip,

We have a Bradcott awning and the full height annex from Bradcott cost £125 which is £10 more than they are selling the universal one on ebay.

The colour matches, the zips all fit correctly, the fixings / pegging etc are the same, even the curtains and poles are the same.

So what I am saying, is that the purpose made one is not that much more expensive and you can guarantee it will fit.

Cheers

Steve

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

So what I am saying, is that the purpose made one is not that much more expensive and you can guarantee it will fit.

Hi,

This is good advice; unfortunately, our awning was made by Sunnflair many,many years ago - I investigated trying to get the genuine article last year, and Sunnflair couldn't really help and weren't really interested, because the awning was so old.

Otherwise - I would agree!

thanks,

Phillip

We use one of those universal annexes, they are OK, but not perfect, the biggest problem I find is the fit down the side of the awning poles near the van, it leaves a bit of a gap but it can be pulled shut

Mine is only used on a small van, so it may not be a problem on a bigger van

as far as the annex itself is concerned, it is easy to fit and easy to erect and also give plenty of room inside

I have some photos of it setup somewhere, I will try and dig them out and post them if you want so you can see what i mean about the fit

Archived