Caravan Club ?

pauloneill

Up to you,if you have been around a while you know that most popular sites book up in one week in December. ......but that cancellations often occur as year progresses. If that is the sole purpose of your membership and don't do Centre rallies or CL's,or insurance, then probably you are wasting your money. .

Personally, I am the other way around as I don't do sites usually but do the rest. ....

What would be your alternative?,if any. ....

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Caravan club think out of the box use the CLs standards are generally high prices sensible.

Look for some near where you want to go and give them a try.

Yep we joined only really for access to CL network

Have used the overseas booking now previously as well as they got better prices than we could going direct.

You don't have to restrict yourself to any one type of site or membership

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

If you are looking at bookings via the website and find they are full, call the site direct as they may have spaces left.

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

In my opinion it's worthwhile being a member of both clubs for the sake of access to the sites network of both clubs. The subsciption is only 40-odd pounds so even if you only stay for five nights on each of the clubs' sites in a year you will have saved the cost of your membership.

I think it's important to realise that not all sites get booked up in the December frenzy. It's actually only a small number of the most popular sites. Certainly in Scotland or the north of England I've never been unable to obtain a pitch even though I never book any more than about 7 - 10 days ahead.

We fight not for glory, nor for wealth nor honours . ..

but only and alone we fight for freedom,

which no good man surrenders but with his life.

Certainly researching lots of club sites in Scotland this week hasn't discovered one that is fully booked in May and June. Just tried to look at Bunree before posting this as I hadn't checked that one and once again the website is not letting you look at availibility. Thats the third time in the last week to my knowledge.

With the opportunity to look at reviews of the CLs so you can see what you are getting there has never been a better time to use them.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

Certainly researching lots of club sites in Scotland this week hasn't discovered one that is fully booked in May and June. Just tried to look at Bunree before posting this as I hadn't checked that one and once again the website is not letting you look at availibility. Thats the third time in the last week to my knowledge.

With the opportunity to look at reviews of the CLs so you can see what you are getting there has never been a better time to use them.

I have also tried availability to find that there is a notice under the heading of "Essential maintenance" which reads:-

We are currently experiencing intermittent issues with our phone lines and systems. The website is unable to take bookings at this time.

We apologise if this is affecting you, and are working to resolve this as quickly as possible.

and appears to somewhat contradict the heading.