Bailey Pursuit : No More Premium Pack

Tandem Man

Was at a Bailey dealers this afternoon browsing around their range of Pursuits.

I noticed and remarked to the salesman that they all appeared to come with the "optional" sun roof.

He replied that much to their surprise,as it happened only in the last few days,Bailey had informed them that in future ALL Pursuits will come fitted with the sun roof as standard and that the Premium Pack was no more,so they will all have the microwave,spare wheel etc. etc.

Naturally they have increased in price to reflect this change.

One other thing,the shower curtain that received so much criticism has also vanished to be replaced by the bi-fold door.

Sadly the appalling ( to us ) upholstery and the badly positioned sink and hob remain.

Ian

I'll stick with my Orion thank you very much :)

Bailey Orion News & Information - 

Still sticking with my Olympus. So pretty much the same as the Olympus now, apart from sunroof and dodgy sink/cooker combo

Had a look this week at the pursuit range and noticed the bifold door on the shower. The only part of the van I didn't like was the awful upholstery, the rest I could live with but the upholstery is bad

Kev H<p>Ford Transit Custom Campervan closely followed by a Lunar Lexon 640

I also don't like the upholstery in the Pursuit but think Bailey have probably realised the problems that making a range with additions will cause. The shower screen door will probably yeild more sales as well. ..........but not from me.

2004 Citroen C5 2. 0ltr diesel auto VTR and 2011 Bailey Orion 430/4

Son't like the sunroof. When I considered a new van, 18 months ago, one thing I did not want was a sun roof.

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

So I suppose Bailey will change the upholstery next, or offer an option.

The pursuit obviously isn't being pursued?

We bought the bailey orion new in June 2013 and that had the bifold shower door, we were at our dealers last weekend regarding the mattress in ours and they had the new pursuit range in, like many of the above posters we were really put off by the drab upholstery,

I can't really figure out where Bailey were coming from when they launched the Pursuit range.

Everyone knew it was coming and where it was positioned i. e to replace Orion and Olympus ranges, but Bailey didn't actually display the range, even to the trade, until the Autumn NEC Show.

Were they that confident in it that they didn't consider an earlier launch was necessary? Were they behind schedule and still finalising and building the display vans so couldn't reveal them earlier? Was it all a very rush job with the go ahead given at the last moment?

Offering an Options Pack is not unusual in that Swift have been doing it with the Sprite range, and with their motorhomes, for a good while, as have several other motorhome makers, but the fitting out of the vans certainly drew criticism and like most people I didn't like their choice of fabrics.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.