Halogen Oven

judsley

Whoa

Just bought a halogen oven from Aldi this morning (on offer at £24. 99) and used it tonight to cook a huge roast beef joint.

First time I've ever used one and it was amazing!! Can't wait to use it my awning this season!!

If you've never used one before, I highly recommend one.

I've even just ordered a cook book from Amazon!!

Happy Halogening!!

Jon

Nissan X-Trail, Swift Challenger 540 (2010)

YES, they are brilliant, our first one was used in our tent (Pre van days), and we cooked an entire roast pork dinner for three, only annoying issue we had was the generator keep cycling every time the thermostat came on.

but on hookup they are fantastic, and as a plus side they use far less electricity than a normal roast would take, ie 4 rings and oven.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoy ours.

Thanks Mike&deb. ... Can't wait for the cook book to arrive to broaden my repertoire. ... (mange tout mange tout)

:-)

Hi there,

Mrs Pebble here.

Halogen ovens are brilliant - I wouldn't be without mine. Meat stays a lot juicier when cooked in one - I cooked my Christmas Day lunch in ours (turkey, pigs in blankets, stuffing and rosties) - everything turned out amazingly - turkey was lovely and tender.

You will wonder what you ever did without one.

Jill

Edited by Pebble

2019 Adria Adora Thames

Always have ours in the awning for cooking in. It does bacon and sausages very well too all at the same time with no mess or smell in the caravan. Excellent!

What Amperage is the appliance rated at?

Ern

Our one is 1. 3kw so around 5. 5amps

it's 1200-1400w so 5-6amps @ 240v

2005 Bessacarr Cameo 635 gl & 2005 Nissan Terrano II SVE Di 3. 0l

The Aldi one is 1200w-1400w, so about 6 amps if I've calculated correctly. Edit. I see it's been posted while I was typing :)

Gordon

Edited by Geemac

Nissan Qashqai 1. 6 dCi (130 PS) + Avondale Rialto 390-2

Good aint they

Hyundai Terracan pulling a Burstner Trecento 530 easily
I thought I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, but it was somone with a torch

I also bought an Aldi halogen oven early last year at the same price as the OP. It lasted nine months before biting the dust.

I miss it very much. :(

Don't most Aldi electrical items come with a 3 year warranty ? The current one does Edited by Mikeee

Yes Mike. The three year warranty is a real bonus!! There's a care line phone number within the box.

I already have one, I bought a Aldi one Sunday as they are fantastic bit of kit for the money, The major improvement is that it has a safety catch on the off/on handle so if the handle drops down it will not switch on the halogen bulb, I have had two incidents with this happening. We use a halogen oven most of the time at home and always in the Van. Makes great croque monsieur . I also use a induction hot plate at home and in the van another great bit of kit.

Don't most Aldi electrical items come with a 3 year warranty ? The current one does

The one I bought had a one-year guarantee. If the appliance develops a fault, however, you have to contact/return it to the manufacturer. I contacted them and got a full refund as it was less then one year old.

I already have one, I bought a Aldi one Sunday as they are fantastic bit of kit for the money, The major improvement is that it has a safety catch on the off/on handle so if the handle drops down it will not switch on the halogen bulb, I have had two incidents with this happening. We use a halogen oven most of the time at home and always in the Van. Makes great croque monsieur . I also use a induction hot plate at home and in the van another great bit of kit.

The oven I purchased last year also had this safety catch.