Tesco Deals On Dfds Dover/dunkerque

Does this give a reduction on the cost of the ferry price?

It reads to me that you will get £30 of tokens which I assume are to be spent on board for food and beverages etc?

Does this give a reduction on the cost of the ferry price?

It reads to me that you will get £30 of tokens which I assume are to be spent on board for food and beverages etc?

Yes it is for the ferry price. that is £10 of Tesco Vouchers = £30 off the ferry price.

I am sure it will be a popular move for many although personally I would prefer to use the Tunnel.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

I am sure it will be a popular move for many although personally I would prefer to use the Tunnel.

David

Same here David prefer the tunnel as it much quicker and more convenient drive on drive off.

Thanks Val for the info. That's a good deal and even better than their show offers, when you can use £50-£60 of vouchers for a return crossing.

No hurry so no need to rush through the tunnel

David

Val,

Many thanks for binging this to all our attention. I haven't booked our crossing yet for a late summer trip and will now sit on my hands until this firms up.

Val - well done for spotting this.

I really dislike DFDS as the food is dire, but a motorhome crossing usually about £30 - so £10 in Tesco voichers. A tunnel one way is at least £60 so £20 in vouchers.

I'm "price sensitive" so will reluctantly use DFDS but will take my own flask and food upstairs, although I'll gladly use their wifi etc!!!

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

You and me, both, Russell! Though we don't use Tesco vouchers we still put up with DFDS for the prices - but take our own food from home on the way out, and a Lidl boxed salad on the way home!

I must say I agree with david on this the tunnel is so much better

landrover discovery / bailey california

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks very much Val for the heads up.

However, when I tried this morning to book Newcastle to Amsterdam in late August, they were unable to process my booking using Tesco Vouchers as I was told, after taking all my details and waiting sometime, that their system was not yet ready for Tesco - I had already processed my Tesco Vouchers to get the DFDS Token code for the appropriate amount. I have been promised a call back when the booking man is able to do it and I checked again after a couple of hours. I'm not sure if this is just a problem on the Newcastle to Amsterdam bookings.

The booking has to use an 0871 number - costs 10p per min - (I could not find an alternative using Say No to 0870) and then involves making several press button choices before you finally get through to someone to take the booking.

When I succeed, I will post how it worked.

All now sorted. I was phoned back this afternoon. I then discovered that I had made an error by mixing up vouchers and tokens. In the fine print, you can use a maximum of £210 of tokens on this offer from Newcastle to Amsterdam - that means that you can use a maximum of £70 of your Tesco vouchers towards the ferry fare. Our ferry fare for car and caravan (free on Sun and Mon) and cabin is a little over £210 but I had then added a couple of dinners and breakfasts (which can be included in voucher offer) and this took the price up to around £285 and I had used £95 of vouchers to reach that total. I had to pay the difference between £210 and the full cost on my debit card. I am getting a new Tesco Boost Token for £210 and £25 vouchers credited back on my Tesco account to sort out that part. .

We are therefore crossing for £70 in Tesco vouchers and about £75 in cash including dinner and breakfast. This is saving me a days journey and fuel/mileage to Dover so is a real bargain. Thanks again ValA for telling us the news.

All now sorted.

We are therefore crossing for £70 in Tesco vouchers and about £75 in cash including dinner and breakfast. This is saving me a days journey and fuel/mileage to Dover so is a real bargain. Thanks again ValA for telling us the news.

I'm really glad that you've made such a great saving! More to spend on your jollydays now!

Just had a look at DFDS and Eurotunnel. DFDS just under £100 return, tunnel £166. So, as I'm price sensitive, (tight), albeit with Tesco vouchers, DFDS it will be but armed with my own food and a flask! P&O is £113 return (non Tesco)

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

That's good news. I used to use the tunnel for my booze cruises (Tesco vouchers) but I packed in because I got sick of the constant gestapo type questioning at Eurotunnel which you just don't get at ferry terminals.

Where did you stay last night? Can you prove it? Where did you eat last night, have you got the bill? etc etc etc.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

I usually get asked about the ownership of the motorhome at Dover, but have the log book and invoice to hand.

Russell

Just changed vouchers and called to book my ferry. .. guess what. .. it's for cars only. .. no caravans or trailers!!! What a joke!

Here is the fine print as well!

Terms & Conditions

• Subject to route terms and conditions which can be found here: www. dfds. co. uk/terms

• Check whether your holiday insurance covers the loss of the value of your Clubcard vouchers should you have to cancel, as most policies don’t cover this. Tesco Travel Insurance does offer a policy which covers the loss of Clubcard vouchers under an insured event. For details, phone - 0845 300 88 00*** (Typetalk 18001 0845 300 88 00).

• Please see Clubcard terms and conditions for more information. ***Calls cost 7p, plus 2p per minute for BT Calling Plans. Other providers may vary. Calls may be recorded.

• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.

• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.

• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.

• All standard Tesco. com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.

• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.

Edited by Dangerous2008

2013 Sprite Major 4FB Excellence (Dealer Special)
2005 Nissan Pathfinder T-Spec

I seriously hope you are wrong!

We are gearing up to book for Easter as soon as the show offer starts but I see that they exclude that.

The conditions above do not preclude caravans and neither do DFDS conditions on their website shown below.

We will wait until the show offer is declared and take the cheapest option.

For Tesco Clubcard Boost Tokens

Tesco Clubcard customers can use, as full or part payment, up to £210 of their Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens on ferry transportation services on our Dover – Dunkirk and Newcastle – Amsterdam routes.

All Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens for DFDS Passenger Ferry Services may be used in payment on the service for which they are intended only. Clubcard Boost tokens may only be redeemed against our special Tesco Clubcard fares; subject to restricted space, sailings and dates. They must be declared at the time of booking and cannot be exchanged retrospectively and can only be used once. No change will be given if the value of tokens is greater than the cost of your journey. Additional services may be available to book for an extra charge whilst redeeming your voucher. Any balance outstanding must be paid at the time of booking.

When you have booked, we will provide you with a booking reference and at that stage no alterations in route can be made to your reservation. If redeemed Clubcard Boost tokens cannot validated by DFDS with Tesco Clubcard within 7 days of the initial booking date your reservation will be cancelled.

Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens for DFDS Passenger Ferry Services are not transferable unless stated and cannot be sold on the open market without DFDS’ express authority. They may not be used in conjunction with any other offer, voucher, nor are they further discountable. Tesco Clubcard fares are not available to book at the port.

Your trip must be booked within the 6 month validity period of the Clubcard Boost token however you do not have to travel within this period. All bookings will also be subject to DFDS Seaways General Booking Terms and Conditions and Conditions of Carriage (which contain limits and exclusions of liability). Bookings cannot be made online and are subject to a booking fee.

I've heard (reliably) that there isn't going to be a Show Offer this year - DFDS are not present at the show, and therefore have indicated that there won't be any offer.

Our ferry fare for car and caravan (free on Sun and Mon) and cabin is a little over £210 but I had then added a couple of dinners and breakfasts (which can be included in voucher offer) and this took the price up to around £285 and I had used £95 of vouchers to reach that total.

Someone has reported, quoted above, in this post, getting a car and caravan offers from Newcastle to Amsterdam but I'm not sure what the terms and conditions actually are.

Edited by ValA

It is my booking above that Val is quoting and we deliberately chose a day (Sun or Mon) that the caravan goes free on this crossing to keep the cost down. However, there is nothing in the words that I read that excluded caravans and you can include meals if ordered at the time of booking. That said, with the limit of £210 (£70 of Vouchers) in Tokens on the Newcastle to Amsterdam route, this effectively means the cost of the car and cabin.

I've just read the fine print on the right hand side of the DFDS Tesco offer that the links in earlier posts take you to and there it states that Caravans and Motorhomes can only be taken on the Newcastle to Amsterdam crossing. Thus the poster who said that caravans are excluded is correct if talking about the Dover - Dunkirk. That is frustrating as we were planning to come back that way and were waiting to compare with the Show Offer but that comparison appears to be dashed by Val's post above so it looks like a full fare for that leg.

I don't think the 'small print' appeared on the original version of the offer. Perhaps this is why it was withdrawn for a time, and then reappeared again?

For those who have a caravan, want to travel to Calais, and haven't booked yet, I would say have a look at the DFDS website now. There are lots of sailings which are not available to caravans - most of the weekday afternoon crossings to Calais for instance, even in low season. Only when you've gone through the whole process and get to the 'booking stage' does it indicate that your chosen crossing isn't available. I had a very frustrating afternoon when trying to book a crossing in early May - and rang up, to be told by someone from DFDS that Calais weekday sailings are 'reserved for freight' I got a weekend crossing without difficulty, but that wasn't really when we wanted to travel.