Second Tv From Sky Box

llrides

We have a tv with a standard sky box with perfect reception but the second Tv we have in the bedroom has a very poor picture quality and is very snowy, tried both outputs on the sky box and no difference the only thing different is the Tv in the bedroom is new would that have any thing to do with it? A friend told me maybe I need to put some kind of fillter between the box and second Tv

<p>BMW X5 

You need a splitter with 2x female sockets that you can plug the hdmi cables from the TV in lounge and the TV in the bedroom.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

There are various ways of sending a signal to a second TV so it depends which way you are having issues with.

Coax - running a coax between the RF output on the Sky box to the seconds TV

HDMI - as above - use a HDMI slitter and feed the seconds TV with a HDMI cable (if SKyHD box and HD TVs)

AV Transmitters - some 2. 4ghx systems are susceptible to interference from microwave ovens, Bluetooth and wireless devices. 4ghx are less.

Ifd using the coax system, then it will also depends on how you do the cable run, and if you are injecting Freeview signals in there also - perhaps you have a conflict between frequencies. ..?

I am using coax cable as the box is an older model with no HDMI connection, the cable run is short in a caravan and is new cable and connectors

<p>BMW X5 

You can use coax splitter and just connect to the 2 TVs but they would need tuning to the box.

Just noticed your 650 Premium and a X5 is a illegal outfit on UK roads. The maximum limit is 23ft and your car insurance will be effected. Your caravan is 25ft long .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

I am using coax cable as the box is an older model with no HDMI connection, the cable run is short in a caravan and is new cable and connectors

Check all the coax connections between the Sky box and the TV.

It only needs one strand of the outer braiding to be touching the centre core and you will get a poor signal.

We are in Spain Dave

Would still invalidate your car insurance fully comp you would find under your T&C of your insurance if you towed it. .

I would ring them and ask what length you are allowed to tow upto.

Dave

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

As has been noted above, it is likely that you have a conflict between the output channel of the Sky box and a local broadcast channel.

To resolve this go into the installer menu of the box by pressing Services, 4, 0, 1, Select in that order (ignore what you see on screen when doing this).

Make sure you save the changes (I think it's by pressing yellow on an SD box but it's a while since I used one, just look on screen).

Channge the RF output channel from that set to a spare one.

You will then need to retune your bedroom TV to the new channel and, hopefully the picture will be clear.

Ssangyong Korando Sports SX / Adria Altea 472DS Eden

I use RCA (red, yellow and white things) to one TV and the RF out thing to the other TV

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Thanks to all who posted posible help with my problem as to the negative Dave I own a transport company with vehicles from a X5 to a artic unit and can move anything on wheels legaly

<p>BMW X5 

One point not covered: are you using the right kind of co-ax? For modern installations the cable should be PF100 or RG6 (UK types) which not only has braid on the outer but also a wrapped copper foil. If the cable only has braid then it will be sensitive to direct pick-up and there could be signal conflicts. Also check all connectors that they are correctly assembled and don't have any strand whiskers that are causing a short. A good idea is to get some F-type socket to Belling Lee (i. e. TV) plug adapters, then terminate all cables in F-type plugs. That way you can be sure of good connections.

We are all assuming that you are using one Sky box to feed two TVs? A nifty solution - provided you are not using an automatic dish - is to fit a LNB on the dish that has more than two outputs. Then next time you are over here get a Sky Multiroom box from somewhere like Cash Converters - will cost you about £20. This is the same reception section as a Sky +HD box but without the recording facility so is much smaller and it will receive the free-to-air HD channels as well. You will need an expired Sky card or a Freesat-from-Sky card to be able to use it for a regional output; all of the s/h boxes I have bought have had an expired card in them.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville