The Benefits Of Being A Supporter

Alexbee

Ive just posted an ad in classifieds for a Magnum size porch awning and got the 30 day featured for nothing. Totally free. Just saying,

I'm a supporter too. I supplied the heavy reinforcement to the centre column of Ben's office chair. Someone had to do it!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

So, as you raised it, what are the benefits of being a "supporter" ? I have wondered, and still do.

Ern

For a starter that feeling of 'supporting' something that has been so informative as well as enjoyable - it's little enough in financial terms - and I reckon well worth the dosh and anyway someone has to do it!

Then as an add-on - it got rid of all the gubbins (ads) that clogged up the screen before.

What would we do without those bosses that keep us all in order and the site up together? They have to eat too! Hopefully not just cake! :)

Thank you guys! :blush: ^_^

T00ts

You've only failed when you've stopped trying! xx

T00ts - your avatar - Why has your dog become a yellow Sponge Bob Square Pants?

I miss him - ruff ruff ruff.

And yes, a site free of adverts AND all this help and advice.

Combined with the pleasant company of people like T00ts and Rita!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

T00ts - your avatar - Why has your dog become a yellow Sponge Bob Square Pants?

I miss him - ruff ruff ruff.

And yes, a site free of adverts AND all this help and advice.

Combined with the pleasant company of people like T00ts and Rita!

Flattery will get you. ...........! :blush:

Well dog wanted a rest and got tired of his public image and sponge face was just lying about with little to do and eating too much chocolate and thought this exposure would potentially open up a new career for her. She always has been an optimist! However she has a complex personality, and demands very odd things in her contract so the future isn't looking too good! Although as her agent I feel an approach perhaps to the veritable Simon C might prove a meeting of kindred spirits! :)

T00ts

I too have pondered the merits of a blue badge, After the ads disappear and the warm glow has cooled, the secret room opens up in the forum but what is behind that door?

It looks like an under used area and not tempting enough to supply a banquet. Let them eat cake!

Unless I'm missing something?? So come on folks - reel me in and make me want to join. I pay £25 a year for premium membership on another forum and the benefits far outweigh the costs.

H.

Finding things funny since 1968 :blink:

I too have pondered the merits of a blue badge, After the ads disappear and the warm glow has cooled, the secret room opens up in the forum but what is behind that door?

It looks like an under used area and not tempting enough to supply a banquet. Let them eat cake!

Unless I'm missing something?? So come on folks - reel me in and make me want to join. I pay £25 a year for premium membership on another forum and the benefits far outweigh the costs.

H.

Well there you go! You've answered your own question - this is much better value - I would dump the other one! I confess to feeling that the secret room is underused but then perhaps we need a few more to make use of it and then we could all have steak! ^_^

T00ts

The other one is not caravan related, and if the secret room lets me get away with more than I already do on here, then I may well be tempted :D

H.

The other one is not caravan related, and if the secret room lets me get away with more than I already do on here, then I may well be tempted :D

H.

I guess it's always worth a try. ............ It would be worth the cash just for that and amusing for the rest of us to see if you get your wings clipped!!! :rolleyes: Go on give it a go!

T00ts

Well, what about a try before you buy?

24 hour access* to see if I can spice up the flavour a little :lol:

*with a caveat that my ban is temporary and no longer than 24 hours ( I would miss the place)

H.

Well, what about a try before you buy?

24 hour access* to see if I can spice up the flavour a little :lol:

*with a caveat that my ban is temporary and no longer than 24 hours ( I would miss the place)

H.

One for Admin I think, but I don't see why you should have favourable treatment. Perhaps you are a commitment phobe! Or perhaps a little shy! Mmmmm - interesting! I think you should just go for it and everyone else who is thinking about it could also sign up to watch the fireworks!

T00ts

Haha, I am committed, (or need committing) and the shy part. ....... you make me blush winking at me in every post with your avatar :P

H.

H - I shall be watching to see if you turn blue!

T00ts

My view on becoming a supporter was a simple one.

£10 is a very small price to pay for the excellent advice I have had from the forum, I know that advice is free but as a newish caravanner I currently don't have a wealth of advice or experience to offer, so I personally feel a bit better about myself giving a little back to support the admin and upkeep of the forum.

I would also like to add that I am a member of (but infrequent visitor to) three other non caravan related forums, this one is far and away the best managed and moderated of them all, the hard work put in by the Admin and Mods is excellent value for the small outlay of being a supporter.

Thanks team CT

Davros

:goodpost: :goodpost:

That's how I feel - so many people think the Internet is free but everything has a cost somewhere such as the software to run the Forum and server space to host it - for the very helpful advice that's available, it's well worth 19p a week :D

Mike

You all make a good argument.

For a while i have been meaning to become a supporter. We are still in our first year of caravanning and have had some fantastic help and information.

I remember on our second trip out having an issue which I had first noticed on our first trip. I thought it was going to require a trip to the the dealers when suddenly it struck me that I had read something about the same issue on here. Within 5 minutes the problem was resolved.

I'd probably have spent more in diesel going to the dealer than the cost to become a supporter.

It also impressed my wife with my technical knowledge! ;-) Banking up those brownie points.

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

In addition to the very good arguments already mentioned in this thread, the way I felt was that in my early years of caravanning, this forum was an fantastic and invaluable source of information, it saved me making a good many mistakes by learning from the experience of others who had been doing it longer than me.

I have seen this forum develop into a very slick and professional operation and I'm only too happy to give something back. :)

I don't like the idea of the private forum. ........ A forum is public by definition.

I guess I could pay the money towards the running costs and just not go into the private bit !! ;)

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

I'm the same as the oter posts. Had loads and loads of advice, help and information on here alone and there was so much I didn't know! Some of it I wish i'd known years ago! So £10 is a small price to pay for almost guaranteed problems to be solved

Compass Shadow 1988