Overnight Near Folkestone

davidjpowell

Now its 2014 I am eagerly planning my annual Le Mans trip for the 24 hour race. This year the caravan is making it's maiden voyage. ..

Going down to keep life simple, I will be setting off the previous evening to most of our party, with the intention of staying near Folkestone and catching an early train.

As it's just me, I don't need luxury for 7 hours of sleep, but as I'm not liable to arrive until 10PM am nervous of using motorway service areas in case the lorries have got their first (if indeed it's allowed at all).

Has anyone done this? Alternatively what are the Caravan Club sites like near Folkestone? I'm ideally looking to stay hooked up and just dropping the legs for a quick getaway at 6AM.

Regards

David

http://www. caravanclub. co. uk/caravanclubapps/applications/uk-caravan-sites-and-parks/SiteDetails. aspx?csid=21824

CC Club site. ............or we always use Capel Farm CL ( stay hitched up if you want to, leave as you wish to meet ferries. ....In CC Book/Web near Folkestone. ..

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

CC Black Horse Farm - they've got pitches especially for late arrivals and early starters using the Tunnel

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Little Satmar is my choice again this year. Lovely site, 15 minutes away from Dover.

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Another vote for Black Horse Farm. The earlier your ferry the nearer the gate they put you so you don't disturb anyone else when you leave.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

Thanks guys. I'll ring Black House Farm, as I'll be there late, and out early. ... Need to make sure they are ok with this.

Tempting to stay in France, but my French is not great at the best of time, not up to a midnight arrival!

Capel Farm for us too

Hyundai Terracan pulling a Burstner Trecento 530 easily
I thought I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, but it was somone with a torch