agzy

Hi all, although our Cadiz 2 is only 13 months old the wife insists we must change it as she has a very painful back problem and can no longer cope with the bathroom layout in the Cadiz. She quite likes the idea of the Vigo as it seems to have a fair amount of room around the island bed which is very important for her. However, niether the layout plan nor the 360 degree video, show the bathroom layout and if it is the same rediculous design as the Cadiz she doesn't want to know and niether do I. Anyone got one or viewed one who can rate it your help would be appreciated. We are going to the Manchester show but if the Vigo is same as Cadiz won't be stopping at the Bailey stands. thanks

CARPE DIEM

While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: pluck the day, put no trust in the future.

It's bathroom is bigger than the Cadiz as the wardrobe is elsewhere . .. however the front dinette is very short.

2018 Swift Elegance 580  towed by a 2018 Volvo XC60 D5 Power Pulse R Design

And the bathroom is still small, same shower.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

There isn't that much round the bed either. It's enough for us, but if you need 'plenty' of room you might not like it. The bed slides slightly back when not in use which makes it quite sensible, but if the left hand sleeper needs to get around the bottom of the bed in the night, it's a bit of a squeeze.

We really like it and don't find the bathroom too small. No idea what the Cadiz is like I'm afraid so can't compare it.

we viewed one not so long ago, we quite liked the idea of the island bed, seperate wardrobes and large fridge freezer. Unfortunately, overall it did not do it for us and would not swap it for our Valencia due to the smaller kitchen worktop and short front dinette.

Hi agzy . .... have a look at . ... Coachman Patiche 545 . .... we love the lay-out . .... plenty of room and . .. a very comfortable bed . .

Cheers

Pete

Mine : Land Rover Defender 90, big, black and shiney.
Polly's : Land Rover Discovery Sport, HSE in Scotia Grey . .......
Towing : A 2011 Coachman Pastiche 545, on the driveway . ....... and now a CT Ninja, too.

Thanks Pete, will do while at Manchester show. Have been to look at Vigo today at local dealers and very disappointed. Front lounge area far too small and front shelf only place for TV. Cupboard sizes seriously compromised and, like the Unicorns generally, at the moment the shower and wash room is just not designed for use by aging or limited mobility customers. Just need a shower we can turn around in and bend down for dropped soap etc along with doors that can be opened without bursting a blood vessel and a heater that is not liable to burn the more sensitive areas of body. It is purely the wash room that is no longer suitable for us.

CARPE DIEM

While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: pluck the day, put no trust in the future.

How about a Swift Challenger 580SE?

It has a rectangular shower, the Alde heating that you currently have in your 'van etc.

The front seats look to be a bit longer too.

We looked at the Vigo at the NEC in October, and due to the Shower etc ruled it out and went for a dealer Special based on the Challenger Sport 584 that also has the layout that you are looking for.

Edited by dumptongap

You could also look at the Lunar Clubman SI, Elddis Crusader Mistral and the Compass Rallye 554.

All have transverse Island Beds and rear washroom. I shall be looking at these at the Manchester Show.

check the link to our site which has a bathroom 360 degree (number 2), it may not help but worth a look

http://www. caravantech. co. uk/new-caravans/bailey/unicorn-2-vigo/134

the bathroom is slightly more spacious as mentioned due to the wardrobe being out of the washroom now

Thanks all. Unfortunately nothing seems to please the better half as she says that owing to her back problem she needs more space in the washroom overall and I don't think we will get that with any single axle with either twin or fixed beds. The Senator we had a while back had the washroom she wants but given the compromises needed to provide the beds that will never be feasible. I am wondering if Alde could swap the towel rail for a floor based heater similar to the radiators under the beds, with a cover of course. At least that would remove one of the hazards in the Unicorn :unsure:

CARPE DIEM

I agree that the washroom is the weak link in the Unicorn 2, whichever model you go for. We have the Valencia and the circular cubicle is restrictive an an inefficient use of space. Basic common sense suggests a rectangular cubicle is the sensible shape in that washroom. I was also interested to see the comment about the towel warmer being in a dodgy place as I raised this myself with Bailey. Of course they responded as they always do to questions about design by pretending they had it right and everyone loved it. In the end we decided that the good points (good sized lounge for a single axle fixed bed, large front window, timberless frame and GRP walls) outweighed the achilles heel which the washroom definitely is. The sad thing is it could have been so much better but Bailey are too pig headed to admit they got it wrong in this area.

I agree that the washroom is the weak link in the Unicorn 2, whichever model you go for. We have the Valencia and the circular cubicle is restrictive an an inefficient use of space. Basic common sense suggests a rectangular cubicle is the sensible shape in that washroom. I was also interested to see the comment about the towel warmer being in a dodgy place as I raised this myself with Bailey. Of course they responded as they always do to questions about design by pretending they had it right and everyone loved it. In the end we decided that the good points (good sized lounge for a single axle fixed bed, large front window, timberless frame and GRP walls) outweighed the achilles heel which the washroom definitely is. The sad thing is it could have been so much better but Bailey are too pig headed to admit they got it wrong in this area.

That's how we feel Bigfam, we love two thirds of the van and when we bought it were happy to put up with the washrooms limitations but the damage to my better halves spine has changed things somewhat. She wants the Cadiz with Rimini washroom but Bailey don't seem to have the foresight to change the design yet.

CARPE DIEM