Carver 2 Water Heater

Jammyjase

My swift caravan has a carver mark 2 gas water heater. It is on a permanent pitch on a site which is closed between end Oct and beginning of March. When left over that time should I cover the outside vent of the heater to stop water and damp getting in.

Ok also when I go back it takes a few attempts to light it for the first time. After that it lights straight away for rest of season. Is this normal

Not needed, this is an area that is sealed from the van. You do however, need to drain the water from the heater.

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

Ok also when I go back it takes a few attempts to light it for the first time. After that it lights straight away for rest of season. Is this normal

Yes. .. the gas pilot light hole is very small and the gas takes a long time to re-fill the pipework and get to the heater for ignition. ..

Although there is no 'gas leak' as such the gas does slowly get out of the 'not quite sealed' pipework, joints and valves when left a long time. You don't notice the problem when visiting regularly during the season and refilling takes less time.

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.