Mice!

PR1

Collected the caravan from storeage today. Cursory look inside and all seemed well. Arrived at Broadway CC site, and started to set up! Moved a box from the floor, and horror of horrors, Mice droppings.

Fortunately as it was dry everything outside, and the caravan was hoovered and cleaned from top to bottom.

Only damage was a nibbled pillow case!

When we get back to storeage next week the steadies will be brushed with Jeyes fluid, which will also be sprayed on and all round the wheels!

I think we got away lightly, which is good as the caravan goes for part exchange in a couple of weeks!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Are you able to find where they got in?

Are you able to find where they got in?

It's not always possible

I carried out a deep clean valet on a caravan last Saturday that had mice infestation, they'd gained entry via the front locker and gnawed at the wiring that passed through the bulkhead thus making the hole large enough to get through, then making the nest nod depositing droppings everywhere.

Phil

Oh dear!! remember we had them in the 2009/2010 winter season. Luckily i'd been going up to check on the caravan and they were found in the nick of time. Well apart from the mess no real damage except a nibbled cable which caused the fridge not to work but OH fixed it.

Set traps and caught a couple, used the Jeys and that seemed to do the trick. It was a gap at one of the wheel arches they got in.

after tidying up the chewed carrier bags and some insulation the soon scarpered. They'd been breeding in a drawer where I left a bag of dried dog food by mistake!

Compass Shadow 1988

Easily done and I bet you don't do that anymore?

Nooo! I make sure it's empty and go up regularly still and check! Was up today and still nice and dry and mouse free so long may it continue!

Compass Shadow 1988

Next question, are the mice deceased or in hiding :ph34r:

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Next question, are the mice deceased or in hiding :ph34r:

Will not let the OH see this post, otherwise, if she hears any scratching she will set off to sleep in the landrover!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!