Front Panel S3002

gravon42

I feel a right idiot asking this, but how the hell do you get the front panel

back on to the fire? I've spent about an hour trying, but to no avail. It looks

so simple, just clips that hook over, but it ain't having it!! :angry::angry:

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

no they are a right fiddle line up the gas knob with the wire rod inside then hook the fire at the top and push in to the bottom connectors. Now that have done that it will undoubtedly fall off again! what the dealers do is put a couple of screws at the top either side just inside the grill, you may have to drill a small hole. It does the job though!

Thanks brilock, might do that ( or a couple of 6 inch nails :( )

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

When i done this on a previous van i put a self tapper each side under the bottom, so that it could not lift and jump off on bumpy roads,they do not show then.

Swift Archway Ruby.   Santa Fe Auto

Since I had my wheels balanced, mine has never popped off again. .. Just saying.

Remove the knob from the hole at the top ( gas temp knob)

Align the front onto the small metal brackets at the bottom of the fire into the 'v' groves on the front panel.

Align the long metal temp adjuster rod into the knob hole on the front case as you marry the two up.

Push the front right up to the fire now until there is a small gap, then gently lift up the two metal wire clips either side of the fire 3/4 of the way up the side whilst pushing fairly firmly and it should pop back into place.

This will either confuse or help! Hope it is some help.

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

:blink::blink::unsure::unsure: . ! Thanks dreadly, I've tried that, and it seems that the clips at the bottom don't

connect. I even tried connecting the top ones first! (Can I bring it round to yours????) :D

:blink::blink::unsure::unsure: . ! Thanks dreadly, I've tried that, and it seems that the clips at the bottom don't

connect. I even tried connecting the top ones first! (Can I bring it round to yours????) :D

Bring it round, sure. Bit of a drive though :). You need to be aware that the bottom brackets rest on top of the little metal brackets on the fire, the 'V' groove literally locates on top. It will NOT go on top bracket first at all. EVER. (Did I stress that enough)? Edited by dreadly

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Must build up the incentive to go and have another try. .......(Now, what did dreadly say about the top bracket???) :unsure: