Coachman Windows

Fidgpot

Can anyone help me get some satisfaction on how to get my front windows replaced on my Coachman Amara 560/4.

My dealer has stopped trading and I cannot get any satisfaction from Coachman who refuse to accept it as their problem.

I purchased the van new in May 2012

Hi . .. I guess you wiil have to find another Coachman dealer . .... or a mobile guy who will do warranty work . ....

Good luck . ....

Cheers

Pete

Mine : Land Rover Defender 90, big, black and shiney.
Polly's : Land Rover Discovery Sport, HSE in Scotia Grey . .......
Towing : A 2011 Coachman Pastiche 545, on the driveway . ....... and now a CT Ninja, too.

Caring coachman!!

What they should have told you is that because they have fobbed off their window aftercare to the window suppliers, they would have expected your dealer to have gone straight to them as it is probably the well known window epidemic.

I would speak to Myriad in burton on Trent, explain the problem, ask for their suggestions.

Other dealers may be reluctant because they will get underpaid for doing the job, and may well have to pay for your new windows up front and hope for a refund when they get the old ones back to Myriad.

Another farcical way in which this industry deals with Customer Service.

Complain to the chairman of the NCC, Oh, he's also the MD of Coachman!!

Any approved workshop or mobile guy can help you with a warranty claim. They don't need to be Coachman dealers. We have just booked our Coachman in to the local Swift dealer for its first service and they have assured us that they will deal with Coachman on our behalf in the event of any claims being necessary - time will tell!

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

I too am having a window problem (with a Swift) - however my dealer is still trading. It doesn't alter the fact that I am also being told to speak direct to Miriad. However I am firmly of the opinion that caravan warranty is the responsibility of the supplying dealer - they cannot possibly duck this subject, it's just the same as having a problem with a new car and being referred to the individual component manufacturers - and they will pretty soon be taken to the Small Claims Court.

Topic moved to the Coachman section

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I too am having a window problem (with a Swift) - however my dealer is still trading. It doesn't alter the fact that I am also being told to speak direct to Miriad. However I am firmly of the opinion that caravan warranty is the responsibility of the supplying dealer - they cannot possibly duck this subject, it's just the same as having a problem with a new car and being referred to the individual component manufacturers - and they will pretty soon be taken to the Small Claims Court.

Absolutely, BUT,

The manufacturers have set themselves up in such a way that they deflect as much responsibility back to suppliers as they can. This is the only industry I can think of that does this. It adds to delays, costs, communication, makes dealers jobs harder, and generally has no benefits at all except to the manufacturer.

They will continue doing this as long as you are giving them your money, and have no motivation, willingness, or interest in doing things the proper way.

With small claims, you can only act against your supplying dealer.

The window issue has been around for years with all makes and has been handled shabolicly, by polyplastic, who fend off and delay as long as possible until you get out of warranty periods. They get no pressure from the manufacturers at all, when in previous years it would have been full recalls.

Absolutely, BUT,

The manufacturers have set themselves up in such a way that they deflect as much responsibility back to suppliers as they can. This is the only industry I can think of that does this. It adds to delays, costs, communication, makes dealers jobs harder, and generally has no benefits at all except to the manufacturer.

They will continue doing this as long as you are giving them your money, and have no motivation, willingness, or interest in doing things the proper way.

With small claims, you can only act against your supplying dealer.

The window issue has been around for years with all makes and has been handled shabolicly, by polyplastic, who fend off and delay as long as possible until you get out of warranty periods. They get no pressure from the manufacturers at all, when in previous years it would have been full recalls.

Thank you for your views - the Small Claims Court case WILL be against the supplying dealer.

Thank you for your views - the Small Claims Court case WILL be against the supplying dealer.

It's all you can do.

In my view it's a shame that the law doesn't allow for a manufacturer to be held directly accountable for his own manufacturers warranty, especially in the other case above where the dealer no longer exists. At the very least it should come under the 'reasonableness' that the law often refers to.

It's all you can do.

In my view it's a shame that the law doesn't allow for a manufacturer to be held directly accountable for his own manufacturers warranty, especially in the other case above where the dealer no longer exists. At the very least it should come under the 'reasonableness' that the law often refers to.

May be the industry should have a system like ABTA, in the travel industry

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

May be the industry should have a system like ABTA, in the travel industry

Little or no chance of that happening when the industry have their own trade association - the NCC. The ABTA system works through being funded by its member firms.

Little or no chance of that happening when the industry have their own trade association - the NCC. The ABTA system works through being funded by its member firms.

No harm in praying for it, miracles can/do happen, they just take longer :D :D

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

Unfortunately, the NCC is little more than a lobbying organisation, supported by the big-feeders of the industry. High fees mean that few dealers, repairers, and small businesses can afford to be members.

It does nothing for the public except trawl for sales leads and pass them into the marketing machine.

An independant consumer body could do wonders, but how could it be funded without vested interests?

• 1 month later...

According to the 2014 warranty information the windows are under warranty for two years. The contact details for the window manufacturers are in the warranty manual.

If the problem van is 2012 might be getting tight for warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

I had three front windows on my previous van - a 2009 VIP - The dealer dealt with all the claims to his credit but to be honest the windows were not fit for purpose as they were so thin they flexed and touched inside making mirror markings inside the panel.

I would have thought that as it was a manufacturing problem and the windows were not fit for purpose then any question of a warranty "running out" would not apply.

Check out the windows on the new models - if they ever flex and touch then we are in real trouble!

Unfortunately, the NCC is little more than a lobbying organisation, supported by the big-feeders of the industry. High fees mean that few dealers, repairers, and small businesses can afford to be members.

It does nothing for the public except trawl for sales leads and pass them into the marketing machine.

An independant consumer body could do wonders, but how could it be funded without vested interests?

I'm not sure where you get your info but the fees to belong to the ONLY caravan trade organisation are not high. As a Member of the Approved Workshop scheme which is managed by the NCC we have strict guidelines & training procedures to follow, non members often operate with no training/qualifications whatsoever. As has been said many times before on Caravan Talk. ...your contract is with the person/company that you purchased from, it's unfortunate for the OP that they no longer exist. Maybe some advice from the Citizens advice or a solicitor would be the way to go.

For any additional information or advice please have a look on my website. .....

www. thecaravanmedic-swindon. co. uk