Quest Rolli Questions

SteveMilner

I am looking for some advice from people who use this awning.

I've looked at them in the flesh, and I quite like the look of them.

I have an Alutec van, so if anyone has any experience of the Alutec and Rolli I would be grateful for their views.

I'm also considering the 4. 5m or 5m version of this awning and I was wondering if I could buy extra Roof and Front Leg poles for stability.

I was also wondering, with the extra poles if I could put up "half" an awning and have the equivalent of a porch awning - We currently only use a full size awning on our longer breaks, and take a porch awning on our shorter breaks.

I appreciate that if I did only put up half an awning, there would obvious be an area of canopy left, which is fine.

Do any users of the larger versions of this awning know if this is possible?

Regards,

Stephen

Edited by SteveMilner

Olympus II 620-6 & Mitsubishi Shogun

Follow us on FacebookInstagram and Twitter

Speaking to Quest, it seems that they are discontinuing the "Rolli" and replacing it with the "Rollaway" which will do exactly this.

I have been sent a PDF of the brochure is anyone is interested, but I can't find many places on the net advertising this, and those that do, seem to have few details and images of the Rolli for the new products. Drop me A PM with an email address if anyone wants this sending.

It comes with better tie-downs and more poles & fixing points than the Rolli. It is better weather proofed and will not require extra bits & bobs to ensure water doesn't trickle down the poles and is obviously configurable in how you set it up.

It fits Alutec without any special poles.

Sized as 350, 400 or 450 cm long and 250 wide.

I just need to find a dealer local to me who has one of these put up that I can have a look at.

Regards,

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

I saw the Quest Rollaway awning at Manchester show and it looks fine to me. However there was no-one to ask for info (probably on tea break) I wanted to know how it affects the caravan stability (Sprite Alpine 2) when towing and are the poles bagged up seperately and travel inside the van? Do you have this info?

I do have some of it.

The corner roof and leg poles as well as a front bracket all travel in the bag on the side of the van.

All the rest are separate.

I can't comment on stability, but others I know say there is no impact.

Regards,

Stephen