What's With The Tiny Fridge?

henrypartridge

Started to look for a big van to live in long term: twin axle, island bed or twin beds. (Tired of climbing over each other at 4 am.) I like Swift vans, had good experience with them in the past. However, one of the things high up on our must have list is a big fridge. Big (150 litre at least) and preferably the great big one with a separate freezer. I just can't see why Swift fit the little tiny one even in the twin axles.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

If you get a 3 or 4 year old Bailey Senator Wyoming you get 150 litres of fridge plus separate freezer.

I would have kept it except it had twin axles.

If you want a new van check the range of vans you liked & check their detailed spec.

David

Swizz

The fridge in my T/A Sterling Elite Explorer is bigger than the one we have in the house.

Cheers

Keith

The fridge in my T/A Sterling Elite Explorer is bigger than the one we have in the house. Cheers. Keith

If you quote litres it would be more comprehensible.

David

Swizz

Started to look for a big van to live in long term: twin axle, island bed or twin beds. (Tired of climbing over each other at 4 am.) I like Swift vans, had good experience with them in the past. However, one of the things high up on our must have list is a big fridge. Big (150 litre at least) and preferably the great big one with a separate freezer. I just can't see why Swift fit the little tiny one even in the twin axles.

Shame you don't like Lunar 'vans - my 2013 Delta Ti (island bed) with 190lt Dometic fridge/freezer will be on the market in a few days via a dealer in Notts.

2019 Adria Adora Thames

I have the big fridge freezer in my conqueror TA, it depends on the model, fixed bed you get the big fridge, and with the 6 berth you get the small fridge!

I have seen people who live in tourers long term have a domestic fridge in the awning.

Edited by Marks

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

Not sure how many litres it is but the fridge freezer in our bailey senator louisiana works very well for long terming, island bed was an essential for us as well

If you are looking for a second user caravan with a big fridge freezer the Fleetwood Heritage has the 150 Litre Dometic, fitted with a separate freezer and it’s a three way unit as well.

Fleetwood Heritage caravans are uber comfortable with deep memory foam mattresses and bed sizes designed for adults, not children or small genetically modified humans. :blink:

The equipment level is hard to beat and as standard, features most of the desirable items that are now only starting to appear in the latest caravans. They are designed to be comfortable off grid. Most of the equipment works on 12volts or gas. :D

I have a Heritage 640EST and wouldn't change it. If you’re interested in one take a look around the 360 degree view of the Heritage 640EST in the following URL link. ;)

http://www. fleetwood-owners-club. co. uk/virtual-tours/2009-fleetwood-models

Edited by WindlePoones

Twin Axle Fleetwood Heritage 640 EST - pulled by a dual fuel, (Petrol/LPG) BMW 528i Auto

Best twin bed I've seen so far is the Elddis Crusader Supercyclone. The fridge is a 150 litre with a built in removable (how pointless) freezer. I'd like the 190 litre fridge/separate freezer. But the Elddis has good sized beds, a sensible shower/toilet arrangement and a nice open feel. Settees ae a bit short. I do have some reservations about build quality/warranty back up.

Thought the Bailey Cordoba would be the one for me but the beds are tiny. Short and narrow: how absolutely crazy is that. Nice fridge, shame about your sleep. Nice long settees at the front, shame this was almost a very good caravan.

Swift don't do one in the Conqueror, only the narrow bodied (yuck) Challenger SE and it has a tiny 110 litre fridge.

Coachman: no Alde. Lunar: no panoramic window and rightly or wrongly I just don't feel happy about how they are built.

Going to look at Fifth Wheel Co's Inos and the fifth wheel models, though that is a leap into the unknown.

My previous motorhomes had the Thetford with separate freezer - it was ace, could really load it up. The present van has a Dometic and despite claims it has a larger capacity in litres, it simply does not hold as much, despite buying extra shelving for it. The salad bin for example won't even take a lettuce without cutting it in half. It will just about take a can of Coke upright, but you have to wiggle and jiggle it. There's a pic of my Dometic here with the extra shelving.

The Thetford large upright wins hands down in my view. The freezer of the Dometic also appears to hold less as the Thetford had a door bin, which admittedly, we used to keep a bottle of vodka in!

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

If you get a 3 or 4 year old Bailey Senator Wyoming you get 150 litres of fridge plus separate freezer.

I would have kept it except it had twin axles.

If you want a new van check the range of vans you liked & check their detailed spec.

David

Yep my Wyoming has the big Fridge but not all do, it's superb and I definitely will not go back to a little fridge.

RT

Henry,

Think you're missed the spec for the Swift, the Conqueror Twin Axle range have a 190 litre fridge with a 35 litre freezer

Quote From Swift Features page

"8 Series Dometic 110 litre electronic ignition fridge with removable freezer compartment, black effect finish and digital controls ( 190 litre in twin axles incorporating 35 litre freezer compartment)"

You're absolutely right but they don't do twin beds in the Conq twin axle.

Forget Swift, this is what you might need, but you may have to dig deep!

http://www. elddis. co. uk/buccaneer/buccaneer-clipper

Has the revolution finally begun?

Forget Swift, this is what you might need, but you may have to dig deep!

http://www. elddis. co. uk/buccaneer/buccaneer-clipper

Where does the butler sleep?

David

Swizz

• 4 weeks later...

Dare i say, Hobby?

We collect our new Hobby next week - 2. 5m wide makes a hell of a difference to the feel of the inside - our's is a 560 premium series and that's the biggest thing, which is legal to tow on Uk roads with a standard car.

Check out the 560ul or wul if you are going to tow it - if you are going to site it, then the 650 uff is your van or even the 720uml.

After that, what about an LMC caravan?

We can't comment on what the Hobby's are like to tow or live with - but, externally, they look better than a British 'van, internally, they feel better than a British 'van. - But I'll tell you more in a few months!

ps. Nothing against Swifts - Our last Caravan was a 2008 Conqueror 480 - and after 5 front windows, 1 water pump, 2 battery chargers and 2 wheel arches, it was great!

Edited by ADG

Al.

how much beer do you want? 110L would keep me going for days :blink:

staying the night in a caravan,what more do we want from life? :rolleyes: apart from 365 days a year off!!!!

Have you looked at a Bailey Pamplona twin axle? ours is a 2012 with island bed at the rear. middle door closes off from the kitchen and lounge area to make a bedroom with en-suite toilet/shower. It also has the large fridge with separate freezer. And long lounge seats. We have removed the centre draws/table and have wrap around seating, we feel this gives us more space. Our preference. + Alde heating if you were going to live in it for any length of time.

There is one on e-bay at Highbridge caravans for £17495. Check out the photo's . That island bed is so comfy.

Edited by The Waltons

Mitsubishi Shogun 3. 2 SG3 197 BHP, 2014, Auto in White . Looking for a 7m German caravan.

The Waltons,

See you're like me the OP started asking for island or twin beds but quickly became only Twins

You're absolutely right but they don't do twin beds in the Conq twin axle.

Have you looked at a Bailey Pamplona twin axle? ours is a 2012 with island bed at the rear. middle door closes off from the kitchen and lounge area to make a bedroom with en-suite toilet/shower. It also has the large fridge with separate freezer. And long lounge seats. We have removed the centre draws/table and have wrap around seating, we feel this gives us more space. Our preference. + Alde heating if you were going to live in it for any length of time.

There is one on e-bay at Highbridge caravans for £17495. Check out the photo's . That island bed is so comfy.

The Waltons,

See you're like me the OP started asking for island or twin beds but quickly became only Twins

I suggested a (very expensive) van with twin beds!

Has the revolution finally begun?