New Or Nearly New?

silverfoxapparently

Hi all,

Me and the better half are looking at getting a differant caravan. We have had two used ones but now are able to have a wide range of choices. We will keep the next one for at least 5 years.

So my question is it best to buy new (UK built; theyre all as good/ bad as each other),

Or one or two years old from a reputable dealer (warranty issues hopefully snagged by former owner).

A one or two year old could prove to be a very shrewd buy but I'd suggest that to get a bargain you would have to buy privately. If a dealer takes a newish van in part ex he has to give a reasonable allowance which means it will stand at a fair old price on his stock. If you buy privately you should still get the balance of the warranty: just be careful who you buy from and how you buy. Do a CRiS check (ask them for the VIN ) ask to see paperwork showing it is paid for and check that paperwork. Might sound daunting but easy enough and should save you two to three grand.

People forget that when they pay £20,000 for a new van they actually pay £16666 the rest goes in VAT.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

My experience of buying caravans is limited to the one we have now, which was bought as a one year old. Never regretted it, and think we got a bargain. As long as you are sure you are getting good title (VIN, CRiS etc), and are satisfied as to the reason for sale, e. g. they are not getting rid of a bag of trouble, then used is most certainly the best way to go. If buying privately get it checked by an expert first, (as you would get an RAC check for a car), for damp and other problems, check the warranty and that it has been serviced properly.

Good luck

Hyundai Santa Fe CRD auto + Burstner Belcanto 525 TL

http://www. oldagetraveller. net/

That is a VERY good point: a thorough check by a good mobile engineer could pay big style.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL