Sods Law

Brocher12

2 weeks ago i bought a new Mazda CX5, to be collected about the 24th Jan, trading in a Mazda5 sport 95 plate. Today i get a call from SHMBO, i'm stuck at school, car wont start. New battery required as didn't want to nurse it through the next two weeks when i'm offshore and her get stuck. Phone Dingbro, cheapest battery you have, £55+vat. Old battery will be getting charged day before collection and refitted, new one will go to father or sold to recoup. Ba humbug! Sounding like i should change my tag to GAB. lol

I know just how you feel. My 9 year old battery gave up and just wouldn't hold a charge and so has just been replaced, tax due 1st January, and both front tyres are about on the limit. Then to top it all the rear wiper broke as I stupidly switched it on Sunday morning after hard frost and so it was frozen to the screen - now hangs limp over the rear bumper :o best of it is that we were planning to go looking for a replacement at the weekend to pull our new Clubman as we're about on 100% and the old car struggles a bit. With all these costs I have about doubled the value of the old car but the trade in price will still be the same :rolleyes:

Mike

Mike.

Local salvage yards are your friend. Part worn tyres/battery and a rear wiper (is it just the arm or the mechanism?)

You are going to P/Ex it, just keep it running.

Regards.

Col

Proud to be a Patriot and CT Ninja
I get the feeling that beneath your sesquipedalian loquaciousness you're the same kind of fundamentalist intent on winning arguments through Argumentum Verbosium.

Mike.

Local salvage yards are your friend. Part worn tyres/battery and a rear wiper (is it just the arm or the mechanism?)

You are going to P/Ex it, just keep it running.

Regards.

Col

I would not agree on the part worn tyres post, unless of course you are a tyre expert.

We will have to agree to disagree. :)

I can buy 4 good tyres with 4mm tread, no splits or bulges-225/55 xR16-matching tread, for £22 each. I buy them from a company I've used for years and I have no complaints.

If the OP is selling or P/Exing a car in the next 3/4 weeks I don't see a problem.

Regards.

Col

Proud to be a Patriot and CT Ninja
I get the feeling that beneath your sesquipedalian loquaciousness you're the same kind of fundamentalist intent on winning arguments through Argumentum Verbosium.

I've got similar probs with my voyager. It needs a new injector - £400 fitted. The air-con needs sorting - £ god knows!!

There's the dent to sort in the door that Mrs W did last summer - probably £300. The bumpers need re-lackering & the wheels could do with a re-furb - another £300-400 - plus the various little bits that i'll get round to doing myself at some point, just so that i can get a decent price when i p-ex it. hardly seems worth the bother to get about £2500-3000 for it.

We both just think we need to get shot as we just don't like the thing any more & its just going to keep on costing with the build quality it doesn't have!!

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

The say things come in 3's . .. head light bulbs blew on the car . .. £40 later I can see in the dark again . .. following day get a rather large puncture . . some d**k threw a bottle at the car, as hard as I tried to avoid, the back wheel hit . .. needed new tyres any ways, so all 4 to be replaced (i'll keep the cost to myself so not to upset people with the "how much !" or "I wouldn't have")

just waiting for number 3 now . ... just hope it's a cheap one . .. the bank of wife is running on fresh air at the mo :(

Edited by RYCKO

Power unit at front all the time, Van behind (hopefully) some of the time unless I'm reversing then it's all the other way round . .... Or is it?

The say things come in 3's . .. head light bulbs blew on the car . .. £40 later I can see in the dark again . ..

hope that wasn't on a renault megane. Mrs W has a megane convertible & both headlight bulbs blew within a few days of each other. I've never had to jack a car up & take the front wheels off before to change a headlight bulb, but on them its the only to get enough access. You have none from the engine bay, so to gain access to the headliamp they put in little access holes in the wheel arch that only a child & a small one at that, could get his hands through. Took me 2 hours to do what should take 5 minutes :angry:

see here:

http://www. youtube. com/watch?v=nXCZ2v-nIF4

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

When did CX5's come out? Battery couldnt be any more than 18 months old? Is there perhaps an underlying issue with the alternator?

330d with a Challenger following!

Apologies - i'm Caravantalk punchdrunk at the minute - didnt read the OP properly

330d with a Challenger following!

Apologies - i'm Caravantalk punchdrunk at the minute - didnt read the OP properly

:lol: :lol: :lol:

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

When did CX5's come out? Battery couldnt be any more than 18 months old? Is there perhaps an underlying issue with the alternator?

I think he means on the 95 Mazda 5 Sport, not the CX5.

Yep the Mazda 5 battery died.